Cross Rib Roast

SuperDave

My local super market had cross rib roasts on sale today so I picked one up after church this morning.  I injected it with beef broth and garlic and smoked to an internal temperature of 138.  Topped with a little horseradish, I almost thought I was eating prime rib.

100_3239_zpsidriygr2.jpg

100_3241_zpsj03wzc92.jpg

Dave,

The roast looks excellent, If you don't mind me asking what was the weight and what was the price per lb.

Thanks Greg

SuperDave said:
3.07 lbs and $2.99/lbs.  Plan on using some leftovers of a breakfast scramble in the morning.

Dave,

Once again where breakfast, for some reason when I Google your address, it shows up as you wish you were here !

Greg

I think we are probably all a little thankful that more of us aren't actual neighbors or we'd probably weigh 100 pounds more than we already do.  :P  My wife and I are just trying to start up on our low carb diets again so that means lots of meat.  ;D

Dave, it you want a nice, even medium-rare or medium center, from edge to edge, you should try the low smoke/reverse sear approach.  This is how I do sirloin tip roasts and prime rib.  It's cool when you slice it, and the pink goes all the way through!  Smoke it at 210 until internal temp is mid 120's to 130's (depending on preference), and then sear the outside in a hot 550 oven for about 5-8 minutes. 

Tony sorry for being late to respond to your question. No other name that I know of. SuperDave has a clod he bought at cash and carry, this is where the cross rib comes from. We would clean the clod up then tie it and cut into smaller roast. Hope this helps

Back