COUNTRY STYLE RIBS

KennyT

The wife loves country style ribs, so for the maiden voyage I need to make her happy!! :) Any suggestions on cook time, 3,2,1 method or 3 hours or 5,1 method??? I will take any advice as I need to make the queen happy!! My new toy needs to produce happy results.  THANKS

Bone-in vs. boneless does make a difference.  I've only tried it once, but I treated it like small segments of pork butt.

1.  Coat with mustard, apply dry rub, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
2.  Place in cold smoker with a chunk or two of wood.
3.  Set to 225 and pull them when they reach 175.  I didn't bother with foiling but I did put some beer (Abita Purple Haze) in a water pan.
4.  Coat in raspberry-chipotle BBQ sauce, throw on the grill for some caramelization and pull when desired color had been achieved.

I tested the final temp after grilling with an insta-read thermometer and they peaked at 190.

I'm considering doing an overnight marinade in pineapple, light soy sauce, and Chinese Five Spice, then smoking with cherry wood and putting on a teriyaki glaze this weekend.  If it pans out I'll post pics and feedback.

Good luck with the country style ribs ... be sure to post pics when you've pulled it off.

Back