Country Ribs

Paul Case Luca

Well, today we tried country ribs. Opened up the freezer last night and made the plunge. Followed the time tables others (Divot, Walt, Wik) suggested. Bottom line we are smoking them at 220F until IT of 150F. At which point drop the Auber to 150F, apply barbecue sauce, leave on rack for an hour to firm up. 

Well, right now, we are in the one hour of firming up... so I see no reason not to open a beverage that accompanies the briner in my fridge (after what has been a lousy week this is a relaxing hour .... but life happens, right?), sons home soon and we will dig in... And needless to say photos to follow!

Thanks for the tips - they looked real nice when I quickly applied the sauce.

Sounds great, Steve!  I'm knocking the dust off my briner today - gonna throw a butt in for Super Bowl pulled pork tomorrow! ;D  Can't wait to see how the country ribs turn out.

It was a close call.... Everyone was eating so fast almost didn't get a picture!

This came out very good. It was a quick smoke.

Forgot to mention Tony I used your brine recipe it was real nice!  I might have brined a shade too long... But this gets back to following the instructions people give me.  :o

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 353
That rib looks great, Steve!  If I brine ribs or pork loins, I only keep them in for no more than 3-4 hours.  Seems to be enough for the smaller cuts.  Butts get a full 12 hours in the pool.

Back