Costco 14 lb Prime Brisket

gregbooras

I was in Costco a few weeks ago and I was luck enough to snag a 14.4 lb prime brisket for $45.00.

I applied yellow mustard and pickle juice and then hit it with my rub. Put it in the frig for 10 hours and pulled it around 9:00 pm to put in the smoker. It used 6 oz. of pecan and set the temp to 225 degrees.

I woke up early in the morning (4:00 am) and decided to see how things were going. At first I thought no way, but the temp said 200 degrees on the brisket. I doubled checked with my thermoworks and yet it was 200!

I was expecting that the brisket would not be done until 11:00 or noon, but it was done. I pulled from the smoker and added some au jus covered with foil and placed back in the smoker at 160 degrees. I decided to pull it at 8:00 am and put it in the frig until dinner. I reheated the brisket at 250 degrees until it hit 160. Pulled let it rest and then sliced up for dinner. It was a bit over cooked (thin slices fell apart to easy), but the taste was amazing.

Dinner was brisket, Texas toast and homemade coleslaw!

Best Greg
I cut up the rest and will make BBQ pizza and BBQ sandwiches!

Attachments

• brisket.jpg
    brisket.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 420
  • brisket dinner.jpg
    brisket dinner.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 447
Hey Eric,
Things are good, I started a new job last year and we made a move so things have been crazy, but in a good way. I have been doing a little smoking here and there.
Anyways, with a year under my belt things are flowing pretty well, so I thought I would start dropping in again!
Best Greg

Hey Dave and Jimmy,
Good to be back!

My guess on the quick cook time was that my wood must have caught on fire. When I checked the firebox, nothing but ashes. But overall a great smoke, just glad I did not sleep in, or it would have been jerky!
Best Greg

Hey Bob,

Hope you are doing well. Tonight we had some Brunswick stew with left over Brisket and Costco chicken.

I will post tomorrow when I get a chance.
Best Greg

Back