Chicago checking in!

TheLocNar

Just unpacked my #2 (shipped in one day) and it's outside seasoning right now. Probably won't be able to use it until the weekend, and it's killing me. lol

Looking forward to being a part of the forum.

I've been a professional chef for 9 years and this is the first smoker I've owned myself. Researched for a month before I decided on electric, and then a Smokin-it, and then a #2. It was exhausting but I know I've made the right choice. :)

Hey Jeff, you could season everyday until the weekend. This way you "feel" like you are using it...and the extra seasoning will not hurt one bit  8)

Congrats on a very wise purchase  :)

Thanks everyone! Seasoned it up and have some salmon soaking up some good flavors for tomorrow. For now, it's tucked away nicely.

Need to get me a prep table eventually too. When actually smoking, I can pull the #2 out from the porch a bit to keep the smoke away. I'll do the salmon tomorrow once the cherry wood is delivered. I'll be back. :)

One accessory I recommend is a cart.  The SI cart works well (I have it for my #2), but lots of alternatives out there.  It's really nice to have that dude up to "working" height!

TheLocNar said:
I considered the SI cart but I need more room when I work. lol

I use a plastic 4' fold up table as my "work station," right next to the smoker.  Cleans easy, and provides plenty of room!

DivotMaker said:
TheLocNar said:
I considered the SI cart but I need more room when I work. lol

I'm thinking of something very similar.  8)
I use a plastic 4' fold up table as my "work station," right next to the smoker.  Cleans easy, and provides plenty of room!

Back