Can you safely go to 350 in SM 1 with Auber and by pass

Gary

I am installing the by pass in my SM1 tomorrow with the hopes that I will be able to go to 350, on those few occasions that I may want to. Is that a reasonable hope?

After installing the by pass today, I called Steve. He said that with the by pass the SM 1 could  go up to 350. I did not ask him if it could any further because I had asked for his recommendation and he gave it and I haven't run across anything that I would be smoking that would require any higher temperature.

Gary said:
After installing the by pass today, I called Steve. He said that with the by pass the SM 1 could  go up to 350. I did not ask him if it could any further because I had asked for his recommendation and he gave it and I haven't run across anything that I would be smoking that would require any higher temperature.

Good to know, another reason for the Auber.

Greg

indeed, good to know!
I'll try some chicken, see if i can crisp the skin.. (i won't tell my wife, she asked me if she can do lasagna... although a smoked lasagna might not be so bad :))

Thanks, Gary! 

Bebe said:
indeed, good to know!
I'll try some chicken, see if i can crisp the skin.. (i won't tell my wife, she asked me if she can do lasagna... although a smoked lasagna might not be so bad :))

Thanks, Gary!

Gary,

Smoked Lasagna, does sound good.

Greg

It rises to 350 quickly in the #3, Gary.  I smoked 2 whole chickens at 325, but the skin shrank and tore so bad it looked awful!  I'm sticking with low and slow, and pulling the skin off before eating!

Attachments

• 2wholechickensready.jpg
    2wholechickensready.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 424
Hey Gary, did you get the permanent wall mount probe also? And are you going to install a switch? If doing a switch I would suggest a dpdt toggle switch. Good luck on your bypass.

Back