Burnt Ends from my last brikset on the Smokin-It #3

RG 2.0

The last packer I smoked, I saved some of the meat for brisket chili and saved half of the point to make burnt ends at some point. I used the 2 pounds of cubed brisket for chili 2 days ago and tonight it was time for the point to be retrieved from the depths of the freezer to star in tonight's dinner production. Without further adieu.....I give you "Burnt Ends"!!

burnt01.jpg

burnt02.jpg

burnt03.jpg

burnt04.jpg

We made 2 trays, mine is what you see above. I used some of my Jack Daniels BBQ sauce that I made up recently with a little of my brisket rub on it and my Wife's pan had just the lightest coating you can imagine of KC Masterpiece. She was oooohing and aaaahing over hers and I must say, I was doing the same while eating mine. These hit the spot!

Thanks for looking. Stay smokey my friends.​

So what temp did you take the brisket to on the first go-round?  And how long/what temp did you reheat these nuggets to? Just curious, because I'm thinking of doing this on my first brisket as well, but most people do the burnt ends right away (and I was planning on doing them up at a later date since the flat is going to be a meal in and of itself).

I took the point, cubed it, threw it in a pan with some sauce, foiled it, threw it in the oven. Easy as it gets ;)

Back