Brisket Today

es1025

Picked up a 3# flat this morning.
Let rest with my rub for an hour.
4.5 oz of hickory wood.
Water pan
Smoking at 250.
Plan to wrap at 150 or so with a 1/2 cup of beer and some kosher salt.

Final temp 192-193.

Attachments

• IMAG00123.jpg
    IMAG00123.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 424
Mmmm. Looks tasty already. I'll be interested in how long it takes. Those small briskets always seem to take the longest for me.

All
I forgot to take pics of the finished product. I know 2 demerits for me.

The brisket was moist and juicy. I added kosher salt and beer at the wrapping point. That seemed to make a big difference from pervious briskets.

es1025 said:
All

The brisket was moist and juicy. I added kosher salt and beer at the wrapping point. That seemed to make a big difference from pervious briskets.

Since this is your first offense we will let you off with just 1 demerit :)

Greg

gregbooras said:
es1025 said:
All

Since this is your first offense we will let you off with just 1 demerit :)

Greg

Ed's a long-term veteran around here...free passes are easy to hand out to him! ;)

es1025 said:
Thank you Tony for no penalty.  The folks in work devoured the brisket. No leftovers!!

Hey Ed as you probably already know anytime there is no leftovers means you hit a home run.

es1025 said:
Thank you Tony for no penalty.  The folks in work devoured the brisket. No leftovers!!

No problem Ed!  You've certainly paid your dues for pics, so easy to cut some slack (but still kid around a bit)!  I get lazy with pics too, sometimes!

Back