Brined Pork Loin

Grampy

I have never been a big fan of pork loins. Anytime I have ever eaten them they have all been very dry. With reluctance I decided to try to smoke my 1st ever pork loin. I started with a 7.24 lb half pork loin. Brined it using DM's pork loin brine recipe for 14 hours. Took it out of the brine and used plain yellow mustard as a binder and covered it with my favorite rub. Put it in my SI #2 at 225 degrees with 3.20 ounces of hickory. Smoked it to an internal temperature of 155 degrees (approximately 3 1/2 to 4 hours). I double wrapped it in foil and put it into a cooler with towels on top of it for 2 hours. When I unwrapped the loin, the foil was full of juice. This turned out to be the best pork loin that I have ever tasted! It was very moist and super tender. I will definitely be smoking more pork loins in the future.

Attachments

• DSC_0376.JPG
    DSC_0376.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 354
Looks great, pork loins rule when done right.  Sort of like its easy to kill like a skinless chicken breast. 

Yours look good.  Two days of leftovers!

Nice job. I'm always tempted to pull them off at a lower IT of around 140, but then I'm always accused of "cooking on the ragged edge".

Nice job, Jimmy!  I no longer smoke loins to 155.  I go to 145, and reverse-sear on the grill.  Great way to do them!  Glad you liked the brine!

Back