Boston butt for Pulled Pork and Beer-Brined Fries!

DivotMaker

I smoked a 11 lb Boston butt this weekend, and it may have been one of my best yet!  Started with a butt from Sam's, brined for 11 hours in my butt brine, then a coat of mustard and Famous Dave's Rib Rub.  It found its way into the #2 at 9:30 p.m., on Saturday night, with 6 oz. of Smokinlicious wild cherry and a water pan.  Since I wasn't in a hurry, I set the Auber to 225, closed the door and went to bed!

At 5:45 on Sunday morning, I found my little jewel to be in the stall at 173.  It sat there until after noon!  Once it finally started to climb out of the stall, I just let it go until done (195).  It hit target temp at 3:00 p.m., so I did the standard double-wrap and rest in the cooler.

Sunday morning, I saw Greg's recipe for beer brined French fries, and had to try them!  So, I got some russets and started the process!  The fries were in the beer for about 4 hours, then coated with olive oil and Jim Baldridge's Secret Seasoning (great on potatoes) and Parmesan cheese.  Baked at 425 for about 35 minutes.

We did something different with the pulled pork, this time:  Pulled pork tacos!  A little out of the ordinary for us, but they were amazing!  I couldn't believe what a flavor dimension smoked pulled pork added to soft tacos with guacamole, fresh salsa, cheese and lettuce. 

The fries were very good.  My wife love them, but they were a little soft on the inside, for my taste.  Crisp on the outside, but soft on the inside.  Just a taste preference, I guess.  Still, I recommend trying them!

** Sorry for no pics of the pulled pork, but you can pretty much insert any of the dozens of other pulled pork pics I've posted. ;)  I realized, afterwards, that the taco pics didn't really show any meat!  Sorry about that - I was in a hurry to eat!

Attachments

• 2015-06-28 14.55.26.jpg
    2015-06-28 14.55.26.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 2015-06-28 15.32.52.jpg
    2015-06-28 15.32.52.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 208
  • IMAG0482.jpg
    IMAG0482.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 214
  • Pulled Pork Tacos.jpg
    Pulled Pork Tacos.jpg