BONELESS PORK BACKRIBS

Patrick, are you certain they are boneless "back" ribs, and not boneless country-style ribs?  Personally, I've never heard of, or seen, boneless back ribs.  Not that they don't exist, I've just never seen them.  I'm really not sure how they would make them boneless, or what the point would be!  I mean, the bone is a handle, and pulling the meat off it is half the fun!! ;D

If its a pork loin its a good piece of meat.

I think the store might have "marketed" a trick on ribs.

Pork loins dont take long and are very good eats.  Search the web site here and you'll see pictures and tips to see if you have the same cut of meat.

I don't quite think boneless back ribs exist as the tag calls it. 

I read something on jeffs web site smoking-meat.com, under smoked baby back rib sandwich.

I do like the bones.

DivotMaker said:
Ever figure-out exactly what boneless back ribs are, Patrick?  Inquiring minds want to know!
There was a guy, former NFL player if I remember correctly, on Shark Tank that had developed a top secret process for removing the bones from baby back ribs.  He then smokes them (I think he smokes them, that is) and markets them across the country.  Also serves them in his restaurant.  But, I have never seen raw "boneless" ribs in a store. ;)
http://www.bubbasbonelessribs.com/

I think I know what Patrick is referring to. Out in the wild wild west where we live butchers will sometimes package boneless country style ribs. While not really ribs, definitely good eats. They cook in about the same time as ribs but when I have done them I check with a thermometer.  :)

Yeah, I'm also thinking it's what we call country style ribs. Although I have seen the episode of Shark Tank with the boneless ribs. I believe "Bubba" is now pretty rich. It's a patented process, so you would not find them raw in stores.

BedouinBob said:
I think I know what Patrick is referring to. Out in the wild wild west where we live butchers will sometimes package boneless country style ribs. While not really ribs, definitely good eats. They cook in about the same time as ribs but when I have done them I check with a thermometer.  :)
I've cooked them in the same smoke as a batch of baby backs and both turned out great with the same cooking times. 

Back