Big Game Ribs

es1025

4 racks for a big game party

Some memphis dust and 2.6 oz of applewood and water in the water pan.
Ribs have been resting in the rub since 11am yesterday.

235-240 for 5:15 minutes, its cold here in nj today.

The smoker turns on at 10:45 am est.

Letting rest for an hour, then the games began.

Nice! I am doing 3 racks of spare ribs with 3oz of Applewood. Hopefully that isn't too much. Put mine in at 10:00 AM PST.

Go Hawks!

That was my plan, too, Ed.  But, not feeling 100% today, and just didn't want to deal with the cold wind and rain here today.  Big pot of chili in the crock pot instead!

I read " Big game ribs" & thought i would see something like Cape Buffalo or Wildebeast!  What a tease.

The 4 ribs were cooked for 5:15, i was surprised that at 238 for 4:45, 30 minutes warm up at 170 the ribs were literally fall off the bone in the smoker.

Lesson learned 5 hours and thats it.

This smoker is so amazing, my guests could not enough ribs fast enough. 4 racks went in 10 minutes.

The ambient temp was below 40, i figured a 3 degree bump would not make a difference. 235 for every.

Ed, your smokes will be the staple of every party now. The next trick is to get your friends to buy the meat while you help "cook and sample" it for them. That's my ultimate plan but my friends are generally pretty cheap so I'm not sure how well thought out my plan is.

Back