Beef Ribs

gregbooras

Placed ribs in the smoker at 11:30 pm.  I will post the results after the smoke.

Smoked Beef Ribs

Ingredients:
1 Rack Beef Ribs
3 T Yellow Mustard mixed with 3 T Pickle Juice (coat both sides of the ribs)
Texas BBQ Seasoning (coat both sides of the ribs)

Wood:
1 oz. Oak
1 oz. Hickory
1.2 oz. Pecan

Smoker:
Temp set 235 degrees with water pan filled ¾ full.

Remove membrane from ribs, pat dry and then coat with the mustard/pickle mixture. Apply BBQ rub to both sides of the ribs.
Place the ribs second rack from the top of the smoker. Set the smoker to 235 degrees and leave alone for 5.5 hours, test for doneness.

Greg

Looks great Greg! I have a plate of short ribs that I am going to smoke tomorrow. A first. Should be fun to see how it turns out. I am expecting dinosaur ribs!  :)

BedouinBob said:
Looks great Greg! I have a plate of short ribs that I am going to smoke tomorrow. A first. Should be fun to see how it turns out. I am expecting dinosaur ribs!  :)

Bob,

Let me know how yours turn out, just treat them like brisket for temp and you should be good.

Greg

The ribs turned out great last night total smoke time was 6 hours. For the rub I used the Texas rub that I posted (from Austin) which is really heavy with the pepper. The taste was spot on with the ribs and brisket I have eaten in the Texas the last few months.  My wife thought that they were a bit spicy from the pepper.

I will be playing with the amount of pepper in the rub and give it another go!

Greg

Those look great, Greg!  Those are also the only kind I can find, around here.  I still need to check with the butcher about plate short ribs.  To me, this style just doesn't have enough meat.

DivotMaker said:
Those look great, Greg!  Those are also the only kind I can find, around here.  I still need to check with the butcher about plate short ribs.  To me, this style just doesn't have enough meat.

Tony,

I actually thought they had more meat than the baby back pork ribs I normally smoke. I guess it really depends on how much you like to have a  sitting. For the wife and I we still had leftovers, which will be my lunch tomorrow!

Greg

I just can't help remember seeing those Flintstone 4-bone plates you did!  All else pales in comparison! ???   

DivotMaker said:
I just can't help remember seeing those Flintstone 4-bone plates you did!  All else pales in comparison! ???  Or was that Super Dave?

I agree they are classic and remind me of the ribs Fred Flintstone orders and they tip his car :)

Greg

Back