Baked Burritos

Hey Dave,

Here you go.

Smoked Pork & Bean Burrito’s
Ingredients:
1 Large sweet onion, diced fine
1 can 4.5 oz. chopped green chili peppers
1.5-2 lbs. smoked pulled pork
2 large potatoes (cook in microwave, cool, remove skin and cut into very small cubes)
2 16 oz. cans black refried beans
2 16 oz. cans refried beans
4 cups shredded cheese (I use mozzarella and cheddar)
1 16 oz. jar of salsa (I like to use mango Habanero Salsa, sweet with heat)
1 T guajillo chili powder (more depending on your taste)

Greg

I made some scratch refried beans this past weekend with a smoked ham bone I had in the freezer.  I love good refried beans. 

I travel for a living and when I cook, I make large batches of almost everything, my wife loves the stuff in the freezer.

Burritos are really a great treasure that you can make 20+, freeze and eat for months.

The filling can be as simple as taco meat..... add beans or whatever you like in your mix.

Place the frozen burrito in the oven at 325 for about 60 minutes, uncover for the last 30 minutes and you have a great meal.

Greg

That looks great, can you add and freeze guac? to that or just add it as a topping? 

We made some in the vitamix this summer and it turned out well.  Though doesn't last all that long when made fresh.

jcboxlot said:
That looks great, can you add and freeze guac? to that or just add it as a topping? 

We made some in the vitamix this summer and it turned out well.  Though doesn't last all that long when made fresh.

No I don't think you would like guacamole that was frozen. When I don't make it fresh I buy the guacamole in that is pre-made in small cups.

Greg

Back