Bags of Wood

I'd be happy to give you guys my money for cherry, apple, peach, pecan and mesquite rather than other vendors.  I'm just saying ...

Agreed!  I found the cylindrical hickory "dowels" that came with the Model #1 to be some of the best wood I've used to date, and would love it if I could buy dowels in apple, cherry, etc.

- Phil

Bring on the fruitwood, Steve!  The hickory dowels are incredible, but some different varieties would be great.  Bet you guys would sell a ton of it!

I order my mini-chunks from  http://www.mainegrillingwoods.com/

Shipping is free. Just specify you want "Electric Smoker" mini chunks and they will chop the chunks up into perfect 1-2 oz pcs at no charge.

Nice link, Smokeasaurus.  Have you tried their sugar maple or olive?  I've never tried either of these woods ...

I have. The olive is real nice with pork and chicken. The maple is nice and mellow and I will mix that with oak for a nice smoke.  Their wood is nice and they have a nice label on each bag with a recipe included to boot.......

Excellent site .. thanks for sharing.  I have a lot of cut up cherry wood that I thought I would use in the fireplace, until the wife wanted it converted to gas!  Now, I hand saw chunks of the cherry for smoking.  Sure wish I could find a better way to make chunks out of firewood... :-[

I'll have to try Smokeasaurus's source.  I pulled the trigger on peach, apple and cherry chunks from Fruitawood... It's coming tomorrow, and I plan a smoke this weekend.  I'll post the review!

Steve will be offering cherry and sugar maple very soon!  He's was gonna try to source it, but decided to make it himself.  I will post on here as soon as it is available on the site!

DivotMaker said:
I'll have to try Smokeasaurus's source.  I pulled the trigger on peach, apple and cherry chunks from Fruitawood... It's coming tomorrow, and I plan a smoke this weekend.  I'll post the review!

I have some leftover Apple, Peach and Apricot mini-splits from fruitawood that I used to feed my off-set with. Aint got a table saw, but I think I can chop em down the grain and use em in the #3..will keep everyone posted.

BHamel said:
Steve will be offering cherry and sugar maple very soon!  He's was gonna try to source it, but decided to make it himself.  I will post on here as soon as it is available on the site!

Fantastic news!!  I've been wanting to try sugar maple for a while, but none of the local places here in Sacramento carry it, and I've been nervous to order it on the web.  Now that Steve will be selling it, I know I'll be getting good, quality chunks.  Can't wait!

- Phil

I have some cherry fruitawood in mini-chunks.  Very easy to adjust the size of the chunk with an hatchet.  But be careful...

Here is a great source for quality wood. Just tell em ya want mini chunks and they will do it at no charge and free shipping

Nice selection:  Choose from Apple wood, Cherry, Hickory, Beechnut, Maple, Oak, Alder, Northern White Cedar, Mesquite or Olive.

http://www.mainegrillingwoods.com/

BHamel said:

Hey there,

Any updates on the sugar maple and cherry chunks?  I'd rather give my money to Steve than anyone else!  ;D

- Phil

Agreed, Phil.  I'm about to test the waters on Maine Grilling Woods for some cherry but I love the convenience of those dowels ...

The dowels work very well. I saw the Maine grilling wood at a high end cooking store in NJ. Joe, I'm with you regarding cherry wood. I am on vacation no room for the smoker. Saturday firing up some ribs.

Back