Bacon wrapped Meatloaf

mike1910

Gave meatloaf a shot last night. Bacon wrapped with wild rice and cheddar mixed in amongst other things. Must say, I won’t make meatloaf any other way than the smoker now! 

Attachments

• B2B2CE24-35E2-4CCA-A637-A38E9D4426A1.jpeg
    B2B2CE24-35E2-4CCA-A637-A38E9D4426A1.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 276
That looks delicious!

I am not much of a meat loaf maker in the smoker or oven. It is not that I don't like it, I just have never made it. I might just have to give it a try though because I see a lot of people doing it and loving it especially when done in the smoker.

I’m the same. Could generally take or leave meatloaf but my wife really likes it. This was the best tasting method I’ve had by far and she loved it too.

Great idea and looks delicious.  I happen to love meatloaf.  I'm curious how it would turn out since my wife uses ground turkey.

Throw in some russet potatoes that have been smeared lightly with butter and dusted with garlic and onion powder. You'll thank me later.
I make the meatloaf in a pan and smoke in the pan so cleanup is easy, still gets good smoke flavor.

Will615- I went  235 degrees until internal temp hit 160. Cook time was around 4 hours. Just used a couple ounces of hickory.

Back