Bacon wrapped loin & stuffed poblano

Walt

The loin was 2.5 lbs packaged in an herb balsamic marinade.  Covered it in bacon & smoked to 155 using about 2 oz of apple wood.  Right @ 2 hrs @ 250.  The family loved it & really enjoyed eating the bacon off of the top.

The poblano was stuffed with mozzarela, red sauce & crushed meat ball.  Home made meat balls & red sauce yesterday. After it came out i topped with parm, more red sauce & fresh basil. Mmmmmmmm...

After all was on the plate I started eating & forgot to take a picture of the final product.  You get the picture.....

Attachments

• 20140101_194057-1.jpg
    20140101_194057-1.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 300
Benjamin,

I roasted them 1st over an open flame to charr the skin.  The flavor came through in the final product.  My wife brought these home and requested a smoke :)  She loved the flavor of the japaleno's but they were HOT! Oddly, the poblano had a mild but noticable burn on the back the toungue.  Unexpected but nice.  Dont delay, this was my 3rd pepper roast in a week.  Yum!

I have always roasted them on the grill first then stuffed and put in oven for cooking. But I think the flavor of a smoker would knock them off the charts. Love poblano peppers for their mild bite. They never last long after cooking since they are so darn good.

Back