Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf

Carp210

This is a Paula Dean"s recipe, http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/bacon-cheeseburger-meatloaf-recipe.html.
I doubled the recipe and used 1 1/2 lbs of Wrights thick sliced hickory bacon and did not put the fried onions on the top at the end.
I decided to free form this on some parchment paper then onto a silicone mat for easy removal.  This is the first time using Maple (2.4 oz) and I thought I could get by without the foil boat since the wood had a 22% moisture content. Ended up with a major belch 25 minutes into the cook.

Meatloaf turned out very good, nice smokey flavor and still moist.  Cooked at 250 till IT hit 165 degrees, took 4 hrs.  I think the next time I make this I'll add some onion, red and green pepper for some added flavor and a little moisture.  I did add a little BBQ sauce to the sauce for the top.

Attachments

• IMG_2596.jpeg
    IMG_2596.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_2597.jpeg
    IMG_2597.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 360
Might have to give that one a shot.  Currently I've just been using mom's meatloaf recipe except substituting BBQ sauce for her ketchup and brushing on a coat just before putting in the smoker.

Looks great.  For those that have never tried meatloaf, of many variations are a must make in the smoker.  A A+ fav around this house!

Ok thanks, I also may just get some cooling racks for the #3. I seen on another post but just going to get 4. As I made 3 for the #1. That should be plenty for me to do a quick smoke at 140 then transfer the jerky to my dehydrator to finish at 145.

Back