Baby got Back

Snoopy

Did some baby backs last weekend, just getting around to posting pics. I have good results with a basic slather in mustard and famous daves rub so I don't change it. I always throw in a tater or two. They really absorb the smoke flavor and are great for frying with breakfast. Luv my SI  :)

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 311
Nice looking ribs, Lance!  You are off and running to many more happy smokes!  I have ribs planned for tomorrow, and like you, I always throw in some taters for nice smoked baked potatoes.  Well done!

Very nice looking babies.

Lance, you have the recipe and then you stick to it.

I been smoking the same recipe for ribs since i switched to no peeky.

I really have to remember to throw some potatoes in on my next smoke. I keep on forgetting until it is too late.

Nice job!

Yes I would highly recommend the potatoes with ribs. They both need about 5hrs. Put them below your ribs so they get some drippings. Delicious!

I usually let the potatoes go the entire 5.5 hours unwrapped.  I take my ribs off at 4 hours and apply some BBQ sauce and at this point I checked the hardness of the potatoes.  If they feel close to done, I leave them alone.  If they feel too hard, then I take them off of the smoker, wrap and finish them in the oven. 

I always let my taters go 5hrs with the ribs. No wrap just let'em ride. I coat the skin with olive oil and garlic salt. I did 4 big ones yesterday with 1 rack of ribs and they were perfect after 5hrs. Try it  ;)

Back