Baby backs cherry wood

Smokin3d

Two 4 pound baby backs rubbed with olive oil and 2 different seasonings and 6oz of cherry wood = 4 chunks (that's right 6oz cause I like my smoke flavor!)
The Riley's season I have never used on ribs so it will be first time.
Riley's all purpose seasoning is the best I have ever used for every thing.
Great on eggs/Mac n cheese/chicken/soups/steaks/burgers.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 285
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 259
Theses ribs are melt in your mouth delicious!
Nice bark. Wrapped in foil and in cooler for an hour till we get to where we're going.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 316
The cherry is good. Some of the people don't like a heavy smoke flavor at the place we were going that's why I used cherry.
I prefer hickory on every thing!

John, if there was only wood available to smoke with, hickory would be it, for me.  But, since there are others, I've found that cherry is my favorite on pork and poultry.  The SI has given me the ability to taste the difference between woods, and I find cherry really compliments pork.  Mix in a little hickory, and it's over the top good!

Mighty fine looking ribs John.  Good to know about the cherry as I have some I need to use but tend to gravitate to my old standby hickory and oak.

Enjoy!

Hickory and Cherry are my two favorite woods and they pair so well together.

Straight Hickory is hard to beat though and works on anything.

Thanks will have to try hickory and cherry at same time.
And for me it seems like to smoke flavor comes out more the next day on the left overs.
Taking orders to ship out bones! Lol

Dead👁Daniel said:
Thanks will have to try hickory and cherry at same time.
And for me it seems like to smoke flavor comes out more the next day on the left overs.
Taking orders to ship out bones! Lol

I totally agree about the leftovers. It seems that the smoke tends to equalize across all of the meat and just tastes better the next day.

This is why I almost always smoke two butts when I smoke. I then pull, portion, and vacuum-pack, and freeze. Then, I reheat the vacuum-packed bag by simmering the bag in a pot of simmering water for 20 minutes or so. It comes out just as juicy and usually better tasting than when it was fresh.

Those ribs look great..
I have done ribs three times now and really like the mixture of cherry and hickory..(4-5 oz).
Did my first baby backs on Sunday after two St. Louis smokes. Really had some nice meaty ribs
and they were great. Leftover's never made it Monday :)

Back