Baby Back Rib Time

Jeffinn

Decided to do some ribs today (frozen and thawed). Covered them in a rub. Set them in the smoker with a pan of Coke down next to the burner. Used 5 oz. of hickory from SmokinLicious. Set the 3D to 235 degrees and let them go for 4 hrs. Drank a couple of home brewed American Pale Ales while I was waiting. Covered them with sauce, foiled them and let them go another 45 minutes.
The end result was good but a bit dry for my taste. Even with the 5 oz. of hickory they weren't over-smoked. Good but not great.
They didnt go to waste though!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 358
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 374
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 390
they look great.
the ribs I use are not frozen. I don't know if they get frozen in transit but if they are not ever frozen that might make a difference.

I tried honey  once which I found pretty amazing.

it happens though. I can't tell you how many times my kids say "the batch last weekend or last night or this morning ! haha were better"

40 caliber said:
they look great.
the ribs I use are not frozen. I don't know if they get frozen in transit but if they are not ever frozen that might make a difference.

I tried honey  once which I found pretty amazing.

it happens though. I can't tell you how many times my kids say "the batch last weekend or last night or this morning ! haha were better"
I know what you mean! I constantly tell myself that the food I made before was somehow better! Its all good though!
Working on smoking a whole chicken today. I removed the skin, applied some seasoning salt, granulated garlic and pepper and put it in the smoker with some SmokinLicious sugar maple. Going to make some pulled chicken sandwiches for lunch.
I'm constantly amazed at how much smoke comes off of one little chunk of wood! I'll post some pics when it's done.

SuperDave said:
The plate sure looks good.  Nice thick ribs.
Thanks SuperDave. All in all it was good. The loaded baked potato had some home made bacon pieces on it (made by me of course!) and fresh chives from the garden. We added some cheddar cheese and sour cream and it was delicious. The ribs were good, maybe a little more sauce would've helped but I certainly didnt refuse to eat them! There was some room for improvement but it was a good meal.

Back