Anticipating the arrival of my #2

mmiaff3666

Hello everyone! Just ordered my #2 yesterday after researching and reading different forums. This is my first smoker. I looked at Bradley, Smoking Tex, Cookshack, and Masterbuilt. After joining this forum and reading all the positive posts, it was a no brainer to go with the Smokin it #2. The wife asked about smoking cheese so I ordered the cold smoking plate this morning. Can't wait until it is delivered so I can get it seasoned and try my first smoke.

Welcome from ND!

Nothing like skipping the low quality smokers and jumping up to the king of the hill for your first smoker.

Like Steve said, you have found the right place to answer a lot of your questions. There is not a whole lot that we haven't covered here, so be sure to use the search feature and you will find most of your answers. But if you don't, create a new thread and you will have multiple users jumping in to help usually within minutes.

Also, adding your name to your signature let's us know who you are, so we don't have to call you 3666. ;)

Welcome Matt! I just started with a #2 myself on Christmas. You will love it. I've already done 3 smokes. Brisket is the biggest hit so far from my family comments. I haven't considered doing cheese yet. I want to experiment with meats for a year or so before going onto cheeses and other stuff. I did try Mac and Cheese and it was good.

Welcome Matt
You will be impressed with the quality of the smoker.
We have a lot of seasoned smokers here and we have have lots of does and donts.
You will be the hit of your neighborhood.

Be creative and be active on the forum.

Welcome Matt!  Great choice with the #2!  I almost went the "big box" route, before finding SI.  Sure glad I found it, and know you will be too! :D

Update- The #2 arrived today in perfect condition. This is a nice solid all stainless unit. Now to get this thing seasoned. Thanks Steve and everyone else at Smoking It for a great product!

Matt

You will be pleased, I looked at all you mentioned.  Youtube, amazon, ect and mentioned smokers.  Almost got the brad***pee, texas was tempting, cook (rib me over the coals) shack $$$, boxstore masterwho? and others.

3 months in and no complaints.  Wealth on info here.  Good luck smokin. 

#1 Print the temp chart offered here (meat / temps).
#2 Use less than 2.5 oz wood/get a digital scale. To get rolling

John

Back