Another 2 butt day

SuperDave

My turn to smoke a couple of butts for a party tomorrow.  Drank my first cup of coffee and rubbed these up to go in tonight just before I hit the sack.

PorkButt1_zpsblfkiv0f.jpg

16.5 pounds of porkness.  I'm also going to smoke some beans where the meat ratio is going to be about 50/50 with the beans.  I'll be using my bean recipe from the side dishes forum. 

Those look awesome Dave!

I put two Sam's Club Butts (16lbs total) in Divot's brine last night. Will start smoking tonight around 11:00pm.

Love smoking overnight with a good night's sleep. I remember smoking on my Weber Smokey Mountain. Up every couple hours adjusting the vents... Yay SI.

Since the smoker is pretty close to my bedroom, it will be interesting to see what kind of dreams I have.  LOL!

drains said:
Is that a homemade rub Dave?
I have a very unorthodox rub method.  I have a couple staple off the shelf rubs that I use as a base and then I open the spice cabinet and start applying layers of my own spices and sugars.  Everything by eye. 

Hey Dave, that pulled pork looks very moist and tender. Also a great looking dinner wish you could have slipped it thru the computer over to me.  ???

Back