4 racks of ribs

es1025

I am smoking 4 rack of babies on Sunday, I typically use between 2-3 oz for 2 racks, do I need to increase the amount of wood.  My gut says no, but I want to check with my peers.

You should not need to increase the wood because of the amount of meat.  I agree with Tony...3oz should be fine.

vetkilr said:
Dang only 3 oz... Well I am getting closer I'm down to 6oz now and these last ribs were so goooooood.  :P

Wow!  6 oz on ribs is a lot!  But, hey, if you like things really smokey, that's the way to go!  Cool thing is, there are no rules here! ;) 8)

No pictures, sorry.

Smoked 4 racks of baby back ribs using the Auber, 30 minutes at 180 and the remaining 4 hours and 45 minutes at 240. Wrapped and let rest for two hours in a cooler.

Put the ribs on position 1 and position 3.

Meatheads memphis dust and 3.5 oz of apple wood. (I like the apple wood 1st time using it)

The ribs were outstanding, I am always amazed how well the product comes out.  My guests we could not stop raving about the ribs.  Well be having some leftovers today. Only had nine people or they would have been all gone.

The bark was great and bending was not an issue.  I think the 5 degree bump in temperature did the trick.

If you ever think about buying an Auber do it, it's a perfect way to smoke w/o the peaks and valley's of the standard thermostat. It's even easier to dial in the proper temperature.

Enjoy Labor Day!

Back