4 baby back racks

Drizzt

Needing some advice on time and wood amount for 4 racks of baby backs in a model #2. Planned to go 5-6hrs at 235 with a total of  4 oz of hickory and sugar maple split evenly between the two.

Does this seem like a reasonable plan?  I have seen that 1-3 racks suggesting using 2.5oz or 3 oz at the same time. Just need to know how much time to add on for the additional rack.

Much appreciated!

I think your plan is spot on...I don't know that you will need extra time for the 4th rack; in fact it might be a bit less.  I would still stick with 5-5.5 hours...check them at 5hrs and see if the meat is pulling back from the bone - if so, then maybe another half hour, if not, then go to 6hrs.    I pretty much always use 4oz of wood for ribs, so you should be good to go there as well!  Let's us know how the ribs turn out.  Also...no peaky!

Sounds like you got the wood right, the time should be the same cause 4 ribs won't crowd the #2. Good luck with it.

I don't go over 3 - 3.5 oz for ribs, but 4 should be fine.  It won't make a major difference.  Let us know how it goes!

tbcop-is-smokin said:
Waiting on the pic's...Sounds like you have a plan...
Divot lined me out on my ribs last weekend...They came out great..
Tony

LOVIN' the new avatar, Tony!  8)

Back