2nd Butt better

• Thread starter Thread starter slojoe
  • Start date Start date
S

slojoe

Just finished the other half of the butt from yesterday, lowered the rack one position, used cherry and hickory, same amount, did notice that the cherry did not burn up, had no smoke chuggin, napped through the stall and pulled it off at IT of 198, looks good, we gonna wrap this one up and try it in a few days. The brine, don't know since haven't tasted but had more juice in the catch pan. I got the brine recipe from this forum, don't remember whose it was..        cook time was 10.5 hrs at a 225 setting   

Well, its Tues, sliced up the second half of the butt into thirds, nuked one piece and it came out great, I think the brine helped the moisture for reheating, made two large sandwiches with plowboys sweet 180, this smoker is a keeper. Doing ribs next weekend, gonna try the 5 hr no peek, woman bets me I'll peek, we'll see.  More later, still haven't got the pics stuff done.

slojoe said:
Doing ribs next weekend, gonna try the 5 hr no peek, woman bets me I'll peek, we'll see.

Lol!  Remember, Joe - Discipline!! ;)  I know you have it; you waited to taste that second butt!  Stay strong, brother! ;D

Back