1st Pork Loin

S and M

I have a 4.7lb boneless pork loin that I picked up on sale at the market.  I used a simple brine (salt/sugar/pepper) and pulled it after 12 hours.  Rinsed it off, patted it dry and rub it using some left over rub from a previous pork butt smoke (taking the lazy approach, just looked around to see what was in cupboard of  left over rub)  wrapped it plastic and now have have it back in fridge.  From what I've read, I should pull at 155 IT.

I'm wondering on cook time, cook temp and the amount of wood to use?    I'm looking for a medium level of smoke taste and just wondering when I should plan on firing up the smoker.  One additional question would be about resting.  Do I also wrap in foil/towel etc. and let it rest for some time prior to eating?

All comments are always appreciated,

There are a lot of posts on Pork Loin if you use the search function just under the Logo...  Look for Diviot Makers post for his brine and temps..can't go wrong

Mike

Steve,

Smoke at 225 degrees, use a fruit wood, 2 oz. and smoke until temp reaches 145 degrees.

Pull from smoker, wrap with foil and a towel and let it rest for 20 minutes or so.

Slice and enjoy.

Greg

Thanks for the info.  I got busy doing other stuff and didn't see your reply in time.  Looks like I was close though…..  I ended up injecting w/ apple juice and using 3 oz. of apple wood.  I pulled at 150 and let it sit for 30 minutes.  Family loved it.  It was incredibly moist , tender and great smoke fast.  Got lots of left overs for another meal.

Attachments

• Pork Loin Sliced.jpg
    Pork Loin Sliced.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 401
Back