Author Topic: Another Auber Question For The Gurus  (Read 3612 times)

coachB

Another Auber Question For The Gurus
« on: May 12, 2015, 11:21:47 PM »
OK, so here's my question.  When a program is set for box temp and time, what happens when the end time is reached?  My experience with the Auber with box temp and IT has been that the unit shuts off and flashes END in both windows when it has been reached.  My unit kept the box temp within tolerences throughout the entire smoke and showed the elapsed time in the right window.  When the programmed time was reached it kept going. From 5.0 to 5.4 before I disconnected the unit.  The unit appeared to turn off the power to the element since none of the element power lights were lit.  Is the Auber supposed to flash END during timed smoke as with temp smoke or is just turning off the element power while continuing to keep the running time the normal procedure. 

The smoke did perform as programmed,  just curious about the elapsed time thing.  Thanks for the help.
Bill from Myrtle Beach SC

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Another Auber Question For The Gurus
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 06:22:47 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, Bill, the time will keep ticking, if you are only using probe 1, and the program is for time.  If you are using both probes, and probe 2 is set to temp, you'll see "end" in both windows.  I'll have to test this, but I think that's the case.  At any rate, as long as the green light showing power to the element is off, I guess it's kind of irrelevant. 
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

coachB

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 07:52:18 PM »
OK Tony, that is exactly the way it performed so all is well in the Auber world.  Thanks for the evaluation.  The new Auber has performed perfectly through the first three smokes.  Nice having that kind of control and freedom.

DivotMaker

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 09:41:00 PM »
Good deal, Bill!  Happy smoking!
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 12:09:55 PM »
Here's a question about box temp and time set that I've suspected but been too lazy to verify.  It appears to me that if I set program 1 to run box temp for 5 hours, the time is starting immediately and not 5 hours once it reaches set temp.  Have you guys the performance of that assumption? 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

coachB

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 01:47:40 AM »
Yeah Dave, it seems that the clock starts ticking from the start and not at programmed box temp.  Makes you do a little figuring.

DivotMaker

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 01:19:31 PM »
Here's a question about box temp and time set that I've suspected but been too lazy to verify.  It appears to me that if I set program 1 to run box temp for 5 hours, the time is starting immediately and not 5 hours once it reaches set temp.  Have you guys the performance of that assumption?

Yes - the time starts as soon as the switch is turned on.  If you want to account for warmup time, you'll have to add that amount of time to your program.
Tony from NW Arkansas