Author Topic: Types of Ribs, Defined  (Read 3762 times)

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
Types of Ribs, Defined
« on: March 17, 2015, 04:58:14 PM »
http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/are-you-ribbing-me-0165974.html
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
Re: Types of Ribs, Defined
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 05:36:11 PM »
Thanks. 
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 06:34:45 PM »
Really cool short and concise video.

I agree with Alton. St Louis cut all the way for me. ;)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

1stlink

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 07:10:55 PM »
Thanks for the share.. St Louis all the way, well mostly. I have a pack of Sam's baby backs in the fridge at the moment.

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 07:14:01 PM »
I like the full slab, is all we used when growing up. My Dad was a welder and he made a smoker out of a 55 gallon metal drum. It was really nice and huge, but we would start the char coil around mid morning and cook the ribs all day. Using the indirect method until the end and then put them over the coils for about 30 min. My Mom made her own sauce using Maul's BBQ sauce as a base, would add ketchup, liquid smoke, worcestershire sauce, celery seed. The ketchup she used can no longer purchase so cannot even duplicate the taste but was pretty good.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 07:30:51 PM »
Interesting what you remember growing up.   Method hasn't changed much just the vessel.

And to each their own.

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA