Author Topic: Ribs  (Read 2360 times)

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
Ribs
« on: March 01, 2015, 11:04:33 AM »
I got some local ribs and decided that this weekend was the time to try them out. I did one rack with Rocky Mountain Rub and the other with Famous Dave's since I wanted to test the flavor profile of each. Put them in the smoker at 225 with apple juice and 4.5 oz of oak. I wanted more smoke on these so I went higher with the wood. Six hours later, they passed the tooth pick test. The potatoes were not quite done so I gave them an additional 7 minutes in the microwave and turned them into twice baked potatoes. The results were a nice meal. The ribs were really juicy with just enough smoke. My wife liked the Famous Dave's the best. I have to say that the Rocky Mountain Rub flavor profile was a bit "meh" on beef ribs. I will try it on other items and see if that helps. All in all, a great weekend meal.
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Ribs
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 07:17:58 PM »
Looks pretty yummy to me, Bob! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 08:14:27 PM »
Those are some great looking ribs. I never see beef ribs in a rack in our area.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

Barrel99

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 10:40:43 PM »
Great looking ribs. I have never seen beef ribs like that. They look more like the pork St. Louis style. Sure are juicy.
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 12:19:26 PM »
I had to go to a local supplier of beef to get them. Most of the stuff I have seen in the stores are all bone and not much meat for which they want and arm, a leg, and your firstborn. These weren't cheap but they had reasonable meat to bone ration and were really tasty!
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN