Author Topic: New #4  (Read 5811 times)

paidin

New #4
« on: February 15, 2015, 05:53:25 PM »
Hi everyone,

Yesterday, I picked up a #4 from Steve at the NWTF show in Nashville.  I seasoned it for about 4 or so hours.  You can see the smoke coming from the hole on the top as well as the upper right and lower right corners of the door while breaking in the smoker.  I have been trying to look through these forums to find out if and how you can use the PID to smoke at temps higher than 250 degrees.  If any of you guys can help point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it :)

Thanks!
paidin

the SI#4 should be named "The American" because you can do everything in excess with it.  Just because you can.  'Murica!

paidin

Re: New #4
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 05:55:02 PM »
Here is the smoker in its birthday suit (sans seasonings).  This is the last time anyone will see it so pretty
the SI#4 should be named "The American" because you can do everything in excess with it.  Just because you can.  'Murica!

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 06:21:55 PM »
Welcome to the #4 club.  It is thin air up here so far.  Looking forward to your experiences.  Check out the Auber bypass threads for utilizing the higher cooking temps.  I did the bypass but not the switch for going back and forth. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 07:02:16 PM »
Oh wow, Paul, you did it right!  I see you went for 6 regular and 6 seafood racks, as well as the jerky shelf holder!  You should be able to smoke about 1,000 lbs of jerky in that rig! ;)   Just kidding!  You won't be able to do more than 500! LoL!  Seriously, though, that's a LOT of Real-Q-Estate!  You should be able to smoke for a little league team, or a small army.

I look forward to news of your massive successes in the #4! 
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 03:29:25 AM »
It is awesome to see more and more #4 owners!

Welcome to the site from ND!

You will love your #4! The sky is the limit with that monster. ;)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

septemberelk

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 08:57:33 PM »
You are going to enjoy this smoker. I've only had time to do 4 different smokes with mine and they all turned out good. I still have alot to learn and as you will find there is alot of great info on this forum.
Mike from western Washington. Smokin it #4

paidin

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 09:31:14 AM »
Thanks for the welcome guys!  Unfortunately, my cover is frozen right now.  Not sure if I should try cracking it open.  I have 6 pounds of ribeye roast ready to get smoked and eaten...

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 09:22:54 PM »
Very nice.  Congratulations and welcome.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

paidin

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 10:16:51 PM »
Thanks Old Sarge!  it has been a week and I still have only been able to smoke one thing in my smoker :(  please weather!  fix yourself!

Barrel99

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 11:50:59 PM »
Man that #4 has a lot of shelves...nice. I don't mean to rub it in (no pun intended), but I'm glad I live in Florida.
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

paidin

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 06:01:34 PM »
Man that #4 has a lot of shelves...nice. I don't mean to rub it in (no pun intended), but I'm glad I live in Florida.

you did not look close enough.  check out the top shelf, there are 4 sausage bars sitting in there getting smoked also ;)

Barrel99

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 06:58:38 PM »
Definitely party time with that monster. Love it!
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!