Author Topic: Hello from Oregon  (Read 2476 times)

mcinore

Hello from Oregon
« on: January 29, 2015, 09:07:16 PM »
Got my #4 a few days ago and am impressed. I have used a cookshack m80 for the last six years and wanted something bigger. Well I got it, it's all seasoned and waiting for wall mount probe to set my Auber. Will do some backribs for the big game on Sunday. Have read several post and hope to be able to contribute..... Thanks Mike
Mike from Oregon
Smokin-it #4
Go Ducks

septemberelk

Re: Hello from Oregon
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 10:15:33 PM »
Welcome, i received my #4 a couple of weeks ago. They are a very nice smoker. Hope to see some pictures of your smokes.
Mike from western Washington. Smokin it #4

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 10:27:29 PM »
#4 is a big arse smoker.  Enjoy.   
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 10:39:17 PM »
It is so awesome to see the #4 owners increasing! I'm so jealous sitting here with my little #3. ;)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Longhornamus

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 08:08:22 AM »
Welcome from Texas. I can only dream of the #4 so I will have to live vicariously through you. Make sure you post some pictures of your rib smoke!
Keith from Texas
Longhorns fanatic
Smokin-It #2

mcinore

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 10:03:25 AM »
Will do...the main reason I bought the #4 was because I wanted to be able to hang longer meat sticks and sausage chubs without them getting burned on the ends from being to close to the fire box. This smoker will do all that no problem.
Mike from Oregon
Smokin-it #4
Go Ducks

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 10:50:27 PM »
Welcome, Mike!  Pretty cool that you "upgraded" from a CS!  Those are great units, but your #4 dwarfs most of their offerings!  The Big Daddy is a formidable beast, and I know it will serve its Master well! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

goldentouch

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 08:50:27 PM »
Welcome from Texas
Eddie from East Texas