Author Topic: 1st Chicken - My horrible mistake explained for all new smokers to learn from  (Read 8772 times)

OFFSHORE GINGER

I was going to say "Pope's Nose" but OFFSHORE GINGER" beat me to it. When I was a kid, we always called it the "doompa". I was told it was Polish for "tail", but I've never found any translation online to verify that. Oh well, maybe someone knows what the heck doompa means, or why our family called it that.
Very funny because my Grand parents  use to say that very same thing with  both of them  being from the old country .
[I[I .............

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
SconnieQ,
You just misspelled it.  My wife is Czech and uses the term al the time.  Doopa

"Doopa" is the correct pronunciation. SuperDave is correct, and my family tells me so. I hope this spreads across this forum like wildfire. Perfect word. Preserve history and funny words. My job is done.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

Limey

Brits refer to it as the parson's nose.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.