Author Topic: WSD-1200GPH PID  (Read 2736 times)

coyote

• SI2
WSD-1200GPH PID
« on: December 17, 2014, 03:39:03 PM »
Thinking about getting one, one question, my power sometimes blips off at the house for short time , less than a min., after I set this up and start cooking if power goes off and comes right back on will I have to reset the pid ? Or will it still be set to start working again?
Thanks
HAPPY SMOKIN,
ROLL TIDE,!

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: WSD-1200GPH PID
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 04:23:52 PM »
I read a post on this so, this is second hand, but they reported that when the power comes back on, it reverts to the last program before this cook.  So, if you cook the same things or constantly use the same settings, it sounds like you would be okay.  But if your last smoke was drastically different, you'd have to re-program every time the power blips.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

coyote

• SI2
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 10:44:24 PM »
Thanks, sounds like it won't work for me unless I cook the same thing every time , lol
HAPPY SMOKIN,
ROLL TIDE,!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 10:47:42 PM »
When the power blips, or you turn the switch off, the program comes back on to the last program you manually input.  I don't use the stored programs, and instead set up each smoke in my kitchen, power-off, then hook up to the smoker.  When you power on, the program starts from the beginning.  So, if the power goes off and on while you're on, say, step 2, the program will start over, but will quickly step to 2 when it sees the trigger is reached (if it's temp).

Set the program before the cook, and no worries.  Doesn't matter what program, just set the one unique to that particular smoke.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

coyote

• SI2
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 11:34:39 PM »
Hey that sounds better, Thanks may work after all
HAPPY SMOKIN,
ROLL TIDE,!