Author Topic: Model 3 Availability  (Read 21387 times)

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: Model 3 Availability
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2015, 12:41:56 AM »
Wait for the 3, it's well worth it.

+1
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Rich B

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2015, 12:13:18 PM »
#3's back in stock!!! get em while they're hot!!
Rich from S.E. MI, and summers in the thumb!
#3 (soon to be a 3D after I upgrade) at the lake
#1 at home
Weber Gas Grills at both locations

lake4445

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2015, 03:02:36 PM »
Just ordered Model 3.  Hooray.  Can't wait for the delivery

snakebitten

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2015, 03:02:10 PM »
I'm all in. Not sure why today is the day. I'm smoking a load right now in my cheapo CajunInjector.
Suddenly I just decided to go get the dream-machine, otherwise known as #3

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2015, 09:56:35 PM »
Here we are again, folks, OUT of #3s!  Steve told me he'll have a new batch in 2-3 weeks!  I'll update you when I know more.  Absolutely unbelievable how fast the #3 is selling!  I think this batch even took Steve by surprise!  Sounds like he needs to double his order next time!!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2015, 12:45:07 PM »
Or Triple! :)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2015, 10:08:36 PM »
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2015, 10:38:20 PM »
I imagine the advance notice of the price increase brought many a fence sitter to their senses.  By the way, the increase really is not that much considering all the improvements made over the years with no increase.  Quite honest and reasonable.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

DivotMaker

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2015, 10:44:22 PM »
I imagine the advance notice of the price increase brought many a fence sitter to their senses.  By the way, the increase really is not that much considering all the improvements made over the years with no increase.  Quite honest and reasonable.

Absolutely nailed it, Dave!  When I talked to Steve about it, that's exactly what he said.  He has gone from 1 handle to 2, upgraded the element, and added handles, with no price increase, until now.  Manufacturing costs are higher, and he's absorbed the upgrade costs, but now has to (reluctantly) have a modest increase.  Even so, the SI remains the "best bang for the buck" in its field.  Thanks for pointing that out, Dave!
Tony from NW Arkansas

RG

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2015, 06:24:23 AM »
It is a very well made machine and I think it's worth every penny. I know I am one of the few who didn't like the shipping charges but I would say that even with that as a factor, I am glad I got one before the price increase! I hope Steve continues to do well as I love to see the little guys succeed. It's the American Dream!!

Long live Smokin-It!!   ;D ;D

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2015, 10:26:36 AM »
Absolutely correct Tony.  As for the shipping, I reckon Steve could roll the cost into the price of the smoker and offer 'free' shipping and fool the majority of the worlds population, or even just 2/3 of the shipping cost and thus lower the perceived shipping cost. Call it the placebo effect.  And that would not be very honest and upfront, two attributes that Steve values highly.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

DivotMaker

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2015, 06:10:22 PM »
Absolutely correct Tony.  As for the shipping, I reckon Steve could roll the cost into the price of the smoker and offer 'free' shipping and fool the majority of the worlds population, or even just 2/3 of the shipping cost and thus lower the perceived shipping cost. Call it the placebo effect.  And that would not be very honest and upfront, two attributes that Steve values highly.

Hmmm...I have a feeling we might just see that in the near future. ???
Tony from NW Arkansas

RG

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2015, 06:20:14 PM »
It's what Amazon does with Prime. Charge a little more but then throw in the shipping.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2015, 07:22:24 PM »
I fired up the Wayback Machine again, no Peabody or Sherman to help.  A year ago, (see the link) this was the cost of the Model 4.Please note the price, and you had to pay shipping.  Compare that to today's listing with free shipping.  It is still a bargain. But ask yourself, which is the more attractive offer initially?

https://web.archive.org/web/20140426124756/http://www.smokin-it.com/product_p/smkmdl4.htm
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 07:29:46 PM by old sarge »
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

DivotMaker

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2015, 08:22:44 PM »
Compare that to today's listing with free shipping.  It is still a bargain. But ask yourself, which is the more attractive offer initially?

What do you think, Dave?  If I didn't know anything about the SI #4, a year ago, and saw this, I would think that was a bargain; especially compared to the competition.  Personally, I love to see "free shipping" when I order something.  I'm an Amazon Prime member, and they have definitely lost money on me, with the "free" 2-day shipping!  Most of the time, they make money.  But, with oversize/heavy items, they probably lose.  I never checked what it cost to ship a #4 from MI to, say, Florida, but I bet $300 is probably pretty close.  Maybe some #4 owners will chime in with their thoughts.
Tony from NW Arkansas