Author Topic: Has anyone used this company  (Read 9073 times)

DONF

Has anyone used this company
« on: November 22, 2014, 08:08:30 PM »
Hi has anyone used this http://www.smokinlicious.com/ I like them
Large Egg -Rec-Tec pellet grill -Cajun grill- Weber Kettle 26.5

Don from Bradenton,FL

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
Re: Has anyone used this company
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 08:57:32 PM »
Not tried, nice webiste, but wood seems $$$$.   Interesting they give cubic #'s instead of weight?   I only gave quick look.   Wood blocks seem too large for this smoker unless you get out a saw. 
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 06:52:37 PM »
Looks like quality wood, but is very pricey.  Also, the "double-filet" cuts would be too big, and would have to be split or cut.  I'm sure it's great wood (heartwood), but quite a bit higher than Fruitawood or Maine Grilling Woods.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

DONF

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 06:16:27 PM »
So from Fruitawood do you get the mini split

Don from Bradenton,FL

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 09:15:47 PM »
You can enter "cookshack cut" in the comments box and they will split the wood so it is more fitting to the wood  box.   However, some of the wood will be a bit too wide to fit and will require that you cut it down to size.   All in all, though, I have been very satisfied with the wood that they delivered.
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

DivotMaker

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 09:33:24 PM »
You can enter "cookshack cut" in the comments box and they will split the wood so it is more fitting to the wood  box.   However, some of the wood will be a bit too wide to fit and will require that you cut it down to size.   All in all, though, I have been very satisfied with the wood that they delivered.

+1
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

DONF

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 07:37:03 PM »
thanks

Don from Bradenton,FL

gunner28

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 03:04:01 PM »
After getting my #2 in October I had a quick look for wood supplies.  I'm in Ontario, Canada and found the company the OP asked about.  Compared to other finds on the Internet this one was cheaper, even including shipping.  I went ahead and ordered from them.  To my surprsie they wrote me and advised that a local BBQ supply store close to my location purchased direct from them and I could get it cheaper there; did I want to cancel order?  I was impressed they did this for me, so by that fact alone I recommend them for their honesty.  I have since purchased two bags of hickory and cherry at the local store.  Today is acually the 1st smoke I've done with their wood (cherry) and my wild turkey breast just came out of SI without issue; and I'm waiting on the ribs.  With the SI and fact so little wood is required these bags of hickory and cherry (1/2 cubic foot each)  should last me a long time.  Divot Maker is correct given the block sizes one has to chop them into smaller pieces for SI use, but that was an easy task with the cherry for today's smoke.  I have also purchased a digital scale to assist me in weighing my wood accurately.  G28
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 03:06:08 PM by gunner28 »

gunner28

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 09:21:58 PM »
Nothing wrong with the smokinlicious cherry wood !  Very happy with its 1st use on wild turkey breast and rack of pork spare ribs today.  3.16 oz wood total was used; total meat ~ 6 lbs., SI#2 set at 240F and outside temp was around −2C (28 F) with wind chill like −7C (19F)

DivotMaker

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 10:20:59 PM »
Gunner, sometimes companies do the right thing for their loyal customers (your local store)!  That is great!  Although they're higher than the companies I use, they may be worth a look.  That kind of customer support means a lot to me!
Tony from NW Arkansas

DivotMaker

Re: Has anyone used this company? "Smokinlicious"
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 06:41:03 PM »
I know I'm resurrecting an old post, but I ordered some of this wood!  It arrived today, and I'm impressed with this company!  I'll start another thread on this, but wanted to add it to this one.
Tony from NW Arkansas

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 03:21:20 PM »
Hey Tony, Did you order the single or double filet from this company? I am in need of hickory, but the rest of my wood is pretty good. Just been adding some hickory on some of my smokes. Also want to use just hickory on the almonds and jerky.
thanks,
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 05:58:34 PM »
Double I believe is the smaller of the two chunks.  The site should show the difference.   
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

DivotMaker

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 10:31:48 PM »
The double-filet is their smallest cut.  I've found that the chunks are about 4-5 oz, so I usually split them once.
Tony from NW Arkansas

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2015, 11:52:09 AM »
OK so you went with the single filet. I was leaning towards the double and not having to split them. Seems like I read somewhere on this site can purchase an electrician chisel to split wood with.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri