Author Topic: Saving & Recalling WSD-1200GPH Programs (Recipes)  (Read 4086 times)

jpittssr

Saving & Recalling WSD-1200GPH Programs (Recipes)
« on: August 27, 2014, 11:24:26 AM »
I'm sure that by now everyone knows that we can save 8 programs in the GPH Aubers.
I think this is going to be great because we can now share programs that work well.
There are 8 memory locations for the programs. They have been named as follows:
1. B1
2. B2
3. C1
4. C2
5. F1
6. F2
7. P1
8. P2
I have listed here the save/recall instructions.

Save a recipe.
After a program has been entered, the user can save this current program as a recipe for future use. Under the normal operating mode, press and hold SET key for 2 seconds until the left window shows “LCK”. The right window will show “0”. Use the “+” or “-” key to adjust the value to “2” (the passcode for saving the program) and then press SET key to confirm. Then “SAV” will be shown on the left window and “End” on right window. If press SET key now, you will exit this mode without overwriting any existing programs. Use “+” or “-” key to select the name of recipe to which you want to store the program. If you press “+” (or “-” key) repeatedly, you will see “End”, “b1”, “b2”, “C1”, “C2”, “F1”, “F2”, “P1”, “P2” one by one. Press the SET key again to store your current program under the selected recipe name. This process will overwrite the current recipe data to the saved recipe data.

Recall a recipe.
WARNING: You current program will be overwritten by the selected recipe. Please write it down somewhere if it is important to you. To recall a recipe, press and hold SET key for
2 seconds until the left window shows “LCK” and then release the SET key. The right window will show “0”. Use “+” key to adjust the number to “1” and then press SET. Then “rC” (recall) will be shown on the left window and “End” on right window. This can prevent your current program been accidently overwritten by a recalled program. Use “+” or “-” key to locate recipe you want to recall. If you press “+” key repeatedly, you will see “End”, ”b1”, ”b2”, ”C1”, ”C2”, ”F1”, ”F2”, ”P1”, and ”P2” one by one. After you locate the recipe that you want to recall, press the SET key to select. Current program will be overwritten by the selected program.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 01:37:26 PM by jpittssr »

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Saving & Recalling WSD-1200GPH Programs (Recipes)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 08:08:53 PM »
Thanks for the head start on this, Ed!  I'm working on a full review of the unit, too.  This is a cool feature, and easy to use.  The great part is being able to overwrite the programs, should you decide to modify them!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

jpittssr

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 01:07:12 PM »
Tony, here is something I put together to clarify my thinking.
It my jog your thoughts or you may find that I'm out in left field.
If it looks like bad information we probably should delete it.
It is a Word document
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 01:35:12 PM by jpittssr »

jpittssr

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 07:45:11 PM »
Thanks for the head start on this, Ed!  I'm working on a full review of the unit, too.  This is a cool feature, and easy to use.  The great part is being able to overwrite the programs, should you decide to modify them!

Experimenter's dream.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 09:54:06 PM »
Tony, here is something I put together to clarify my thinking.
It my jog your thoughts or you may find that I'm out in left field.
If it looks like bad information we probably should delete it.
It is a Word document

You have it down, Ed.  Once folks understand the enter, trigger, exit value concept, it's really easy.  What do I want my temp in the box?  Do I want to change to the next step with time or internal temp of the meat?  What result do I want from that step (time or temp)?  Ultimate in flexibility!

One thing I might mention, about your hold temp trigger (C3):  The smoker, due to insulation and tightness, stays hot for quite awhile after turning the element off.  If I use a hold temp, I actually cut to it 5° lower than my finish temp.  If it goes to finish temp before the hold, I open the door for a bit to bring the smoker temp down quicker.  If you go to finish temp, and don't cool the smoker, you'll have over-cooked meat.  Learned this the hard way!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

jpittssr

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 09:38:28 AM »

One thing I might mention, about your hold temp trigger (C3):  The smoker, due to insulation and tightness, stays hot for quite awhile after turning the element off.  If I use a hold temp, I actually cut to it 5° lower than my finish temp.  If it goes to finish temp before the hold, I open the door for a bit to bring the smoker temp down quicker.  If you go to finish temp, and don't cool the smoker, you'll have over-cooked meat.  Learned this the hard way!

I see what you are saying.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:35:15 AM by jpittssr »