Author Topic: Time to reload.  (Read 7408 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Time to reload.
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 09:57:25 PM »
I picked up a case of Baby Backs, 14 racks for $2.69 a pound, 10 pound case of Rib Tips for $10.70 and Pork Butts for $1.69 a pound. Felling pretty good about that shopping trip. I have a 10.11 pound butt in the brine now it will go on at 2AM.

Where'd you get a deal like that?  Those are crazy prices!  Was it "Throwback Thursday?"  ;) lol.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 02:51:53 AM »
It is a family owned meat market. They do huge volume, I went for two butts but couldn't pass up the deals. Whole beef short rib was 3.49, whole boneless NY Strip 2.89 I had 32 people in line ahead of me at 8:40AM. It's called Lowery's Meat Market in Buchanan Michigan.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

mnsmoker

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 08:52:03 AM »
I have tried several select grade briskets from walmart while the price is right, around 3.40 per pound, never had much luck with the final product, going to try one with a good brine ( Walt ) and injection soon, recently I saw a whole beef ribeye for 177.00 didn't even look at the price per pound just walked away stunned.
Jim from Minnesota

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 10:44:15 AM »
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2014, 03:09:58 PM »
I have tried several select grade briskets from walmart while the price is right, around 3.40 per pound, never had much luck with the final product, going to try one with a good brine ( Walt ) and injection soon, recently I saw a whole beef ribeye for 177.00 didn't even look at the price per pound just walked away stunned.

I feel your pain, Jim!  That's why I haven't dry-aged any steaks this summer.  Crazy high.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!