Author Topic: Where's Steve?  (Read 1697 times)

slojoe

Where's Steve?
« on: July 28, 2014, 03:42:09 PM »
Being on the forum for less than a week and reading hundreds of posts, one thing I noticed, that there are many, many posts referencing the owner Steve. I was wondering why he's not involved in the forum, since he could probably answer lots of questions quick.  Hope I'm not violating some code of the internet forum but the title of " anything goes" should allow this query. By the way, I talked with Steve when I reordered the #2 and he did strike me as very professional and courteous.   Just a curious ol' dude...

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Where's Steve?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 07:22:17 PM »
Simple, Joe.  He's busy running his company, which is a classic American "small business," and doesn't really have enough time to do it all.  As you know, he answers the phone and the emails, and takes care of the shipping and all customer support, product development, manufacturing, etc... you get the idea.  I know he pays attention to what's happening here, and is very appreciative of all that participate - I hear that from him on a regular basis! 

Ben, the IT guy, is on here, but I believe they see this as a "users" forum, and they want to let us drive the discussion.  This, of course, is a great feedback tool, and new models and designs incorporate our suggestions and ideas.

So, this is our forum (we satisfied owners), and we're going to keep it focused on our smokers!  We don't want this to be one of those "one size fits all" BBQ forums; we want it to be the BEST electric smoker forum on the web - and we are fast becoming just that, thanks to folks like you!

Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

slojoe

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 07:59:54 PM »
Well stated Tony, Thanks for clarification, I've been retired so long i guess I forgot what other folks gotta do, glad to be a part of this group..........My #2 should be here tomorrow, big day for me.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »
Just like Christmas, Joe - except it last a lot longer! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!