Author Topic: First attempt at Snack Stix  (Read 12611 times)

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: First attempt at Snack Stix
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 10:26:27 PM »
I'll keep working on Dad ;)

We typically only work on one half at a time be it deer or hog. We just section it up and everyone grabs a chunk and starts deboning. When we're done we bring in another half and so on. The plastic tables that we have are plenty strong.

I do agree that my back gets sore after a while. But I wouldn't want to stand at a higher table either.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 12:25:29 AM »
I learned to cut meat as a teenager during deer season. Kids trimming meat for the grind, older guys breaking down the quarters and cutting steaks. We always had one person cooking deer steaks and onions on the old Coleman Stove. It was that persons job to walk the skillet around to the cutters with a loaf of bread as each pan was cooked. We did six or eight deer in a night back then. Those lessons I learned int that cold garage have served me well the past thirty years. I have never spent a dime to get a deer processed.

I have always passed it on to those that want to learn. I keep it simple, start with a dead critter and cut off everything that doesn't look like something you want to eat.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

Smokster

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 11:04:40 PM »
The knowledge you guys have still amazes me.
Tony from Toronto
Smokin It and Lovin It

TheSneakyZebra

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2014, 01:34:10 PM »
Good stuff Gregg, please let us know how the drier works out for ya!
Mikey from WA

Model 3 and 22.5 WSM

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 02:09:28 PM »
Greg,
Have you considered posting or personal messaging me your Fry Sausage recipe? I would be grateful.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud