Author Topic: Model 3 Cart  (Read 9876 times)

Seniorman

Model 3 Cart
« on: May 08, 2013, 09:50:06 PM »
I have a model 3 smoker and am thinking about purchasing the cart. I contacted the owner to get the dimensions of the cart since they were not on the website and he said it was 12 inches tall. It has shelves that swing up but it seems that they would be awfully low to the ground to be useful. I was wondering if anyone has purchased one of these carts and could give me some feedback as to it's usefulness and if they thought it was worth the price.

UWFSAE

• Smoker, Griller, & International Man of Mystery
Re: Model 3 Cart
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 10:03:15 PM »
Hmm ... the proportion of the cart to the smoker in the pics makes it look taller than that.  Even without the 4" casters that seems a bit low ...

Joe from Houston, TX
Proud owner of a Smokin-It #3!

QMan

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 03:38:26 PM »
I purchased the cart with my model #3 and love it. The cart makes it easier for putting the food in the smoker and for clean up. While a little pricey, I find it was worth it.

Seniorman

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 10:33:58 AM »
Thanks,
I appreciate the info. Does it raise the smoker approx. 12 inches and what do you think of the shelves? I'm asking these questions because it is fairly expensive especially when you add the shipping. Did you get to use the coupon code when you bought it?

UWFSAE

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 04:33:10 PM »
Coupon code?  Tell me more of this code of which you speak ...   :)

If they incentivize the cart, I may go ahead and pull the trigger.
Joe from Houston, TX

Seniorman

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 11:05:45 AM »
There is a box for a coupon code when you order online that can save a little money. I used it when I ordered my model 3 several months ago. I had to get the code from the owner, but have not gotten a response since contacting him TWICE to see what the code is now and if it could be used for the cart. Every little bit helps!

jimmybh

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 10:12:55 PM »
I have the Smokin-it-3 and the cart. I would not be without the cart. It's built like a draft horse with heavy duty rubber castors. There is no plastic in this "motorscooter". The bottom of the smoker when mounted on the cart is 24 inches above the deck floor. Perfect height for loading pork butts and cleaning. :) :) :) I'm a happy smoker.

UWFSAE

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 11:10:54 PM »
Jimmy, you're a gentleman and a scholar ... that's the information I've been longing for!  I haven't had luck with responses beyond this message board ...
Joe from Houston, TX

Seniorman

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 12:16:50 PM »
Thank you Jimmy,
That's exactly the information I too have been looking for. I had suggested to the owner that putting dimensions of the cart on his website would be extremely helpful and save customers a lot of time, but as of this date that has not been done. From what you're saying this will be a much needed accessory.

BHamel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 08:41:05 AM »
Hey guys!  We are doing a site redesign and will be able to address questions like that in the new site.  I apologize for not providing an answer sooner and will be putting a suggestions board up today.

Thanks,

Ben
Smokin-it IT guy!
Owner of a Model #3
Ben from Ohio
Smokin-it IT guy!
Owner of a Model #3
If you can't smoke it!  You shouldn't be eating it!!

radiomarsh

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 12:40:14 AM »
I have the Model #3 and the cart.  The cart is built like a tank and is stainless so it cleans up easily as well. The shelves are a little funky in the way they fold out, but they are great for setting stuff on while smoking.  I think the cart is exactly the right height for me and I would have had to build one otherwise.  I used the 3 without the cart on my first 2 smokes and it really makes everything easier.  Did I say it is built like a tank? :) .  I love the #3 , my brother has another brand that was significantly more expensive and I honestly  believe the Smokin-it is better built and certainly a better value.  Thanks Steve!
Smokin' Butt Takin' Names
Happy Owner of a Model #3