Author Topic: An Alternative Cart  (Read 31556 times)

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
Re: An Alternative Cart
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2015, 02:02:18 AM »
Hey Gary, I too have the seville cart for my #1 smoker. The #2 should fit on it without a problem and yes you can adjust the height of the top shelf. Since I am not John I hope this answers your question.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

grogorat

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2015, 12:25:58 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Bill.
I think I'm going to keep it low on the ground now that I've had a chance to pick it up; it's got some heft and the thought of being that top heavy has me reconsidering.
Gary from Houston
Smokin-It #2

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2015, 01:37:40 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Bill.
I think I'm going to keep it low on the ground now that I've had a chance to pick it up; it's got some heft and the thought of being that top heavy has me reconsidering.

Hey Gary, Several people use a cart from Harbor Freight. Check out Divotmaker's post I will give you the address: http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?topic=3722.0 and if that cart will hold a #3 it should also hold your #2.  I just have bad knees and lower back so need my smokers up off the ground. Good Luck.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

Check-My-Que

• Smokin-It Model 3 and Lang 48 Deluxe
New Alternative Cart
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2016, 01:30:58 PM »
I ordered a regency restaurant equipment stand (30 deep x 24 wide) (All Stainless)  including the legs and lower shelf from Webresturantsupply http://www.webstaurantstore.com/regency-30-x-24-16-gauge-stainless-steel-equipment-stand-with-galvanized-undershelf/600ES3024G.html and a set of casters from Castor City and then build a gig to ensure the holes lined up and it works great for my model 3. The door edge is about 6 inches back from the door edge so no dripping on the deck. I also purchased a second cart 30 inches wide and 24 inches deep.
Peter - Merritt Island, Florida
Model 3

EFGM

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2016, 10:16:39 PM »
What is the height of your cart for a #3. I know the SI cart is 221/2 but what height do you guys have. How many inches would you say is too tall?
Thanks
Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2016, 08:25:32 PM »
Doug, the SI cart ledge, that the smoker actually sits on, is 21".  I have a Harbor Freight cart that I used with the analog #3.  It sits 33" high.  It was a little high, for the stock 3, but absolutely too high for the 3D (you can't read the display).  Personally, I wouldn't go higher than about 24-26".  You want to be able to look down on the top of the smoker.

The table Peter referenced, is 26" tall....perfect!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:27:32 PM by DivotMaker »
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

EFGM

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2016, 10:37:29 PM »
Doug, the SI cart ledge, that the smoker actually sits on, is 21".  I have a Harbor Freight cart that I used with the analog #3.  It sits 33" high.  It was a little high, for the stock 3, but absolutely too high for the 3D (you can't read the display).  Personally, I wouldn't go higher than about 24-26".  You want to be able to look down on the top of the smoker.

Thanks, that's exactly the info I needed. Still vacillating between the 3D/4D. Good thing I'm not rushed. I picked up this animal the other day in a action. Never seen one like it before. The current model supports 175#. I sent mfg a request for info. I believe I can take out one of the 3 side panels on each side to shorten it. After it gets pressure washed I will investigate that further. Has one beast of a cutting board on it though. It hold FULL size sheet pans. I just put those 18x13 (half size I guess) in there sideways to see if they would fit.

The table Peter referenced, is 26" tall....perfect!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 08:57:54 AM by EFGM »
Doug
Carrollton

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

DivotMaker

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2016, 10:43:22 PM »
How tall is it, Doug?  Looks really good!
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

EFGM

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2016, 09:07:40 AM »
How tall is it, Doug?  Looks really good!

Currently it is 36 inches tall. 29 inches deep and 21 inches wide.

I believe when I take it apart I will be able to reassemble it to be either

19 inches tall with 4 Racks
or
28 inches tall with 8 racks.

As I recall it would be beneficial to have a full size pan to pull out when putting in meat or removing meat to catch drippings.
Looks like your telling me the best height then would be the 19 inches. I think I would come up with a different top than the cutting board because if it cleans up well, I think I would like having a cutting board
that is 28 3/8 X 20 3/8. Also being shorter it would be more stable.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 09:37:02 AM by EFGM »
Doug
Carrollton

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

DivotMaker

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2016, 07:00:52 PM »
Sounds like a plan, Doug!  I'd stick to the 28", and see what you think.  At least for me, at 5'9", that's pushing it.
Tony from NW Arkansas

BobM

• H.H. The Bahbi Lama
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2017, 06:27:16 PM »
I picked up this fiberglass topped cart at an estate sell yesterday for $12.50.  Not the prettiest but does the job.  After I took the photo, I added some bungee cords to the wheels to keep it from blowing off
-Bob from Huntington Beach CA
 Smokin-It model #1
 Taking BBQ to the next level, also own the big Weber Summit