Author Topic: New to smoking  (Read 2964 times)

volscrazy65

New to smoking
« on: March 24, 2017, 10:47:01 PM »
Hello everyone.  I want to get into smoking and would like to start with the best.  I just can't decide between the 2D or 3D.  I've been reading the forums and know most people say to get the biggest that fits your budget. 

When Steve decides to put a smoker on sale, what's the typical mark down?

Thanks and love the forums.     
John
Flintstone, GA
SI 3D
Weber Q 3200

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: New to smoking
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 11:04:20 PM »
Steve might have had a sale in the past when certain models were getting a heating element upgrade, in order to move inventory. But of that I cannot be sure.  And what you have read is correct, get the largest you can afford. If analog is ok, you can order one with a discount on the Smokin-it Facebook page, social store. If it is digital you desire, that has to be ordered from the main SI site. Good luck!
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Meatball

• Smoke it if you got it ....
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 01:12:23 AM »
  Vols..... welcome from West Tn.
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector

JustChillin

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 08:04:13 AM »
I can agree with buying the largest model that fits your budget but I went with the #2 because it fit my needs. While I do smoke for large groups at times (mainly tailgating), most of my smokes are for the two of us and a few guest. I have two butts in the smoker at this time (about 18lbs total) and could have put in more. While I bought the standard analog model, I did add an Auber to provide more stable temps. Good luck making your decision.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

drains

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 12:54:41 PM »
Welcome from Texas John! I have the #3 analog and have been very satisfied with it for a couple of years now. Definitely go with the largest size the budget allows, then you only cry once. Happy smokin!
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

volscrazy65

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 08:41:33 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes.  I pulled the trigger on a 3D last night and ordered a small box of wood from smokinlicious.com.  I'm nervous and excited.  Oh yeah, hungary too.
John
Flintstone, GA
SI 3D
Weber Q 3200

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 11:26:06 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes.  I pulled the trigger on a 3D last night and ordered a small box of wood from smokinlicious.com. 

Congrats!  You should get many years of enjoyment from the 3D.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 07:43:56 AM »
Welcome from Delaware, John!   You will enjoy the SI smoker, regardless of which one you choose.  Cheers
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

JustChillin

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 08:14:02 AM »
Congrats on your purchase! Your family and friends will love you. Happy smoking.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

Grampy

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 09:42:49 AM »
John, Welcome from SW Arkansas! Great choice on the 3D.
Jimmy from Arkadelphia, AR
Smokin-It #2
Woo Pig Sooie!

ibbones

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 11:03:31 AM »
Good for you John.  You will love it.  And, welcome from South Texas.
Michael "BONES" T. 
Victoria, Texas
3D

Moscowbni

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 01:59:00 AM »
Hello everyone.  I want to get into smoking and would like to start with the best.     

I was new to smoking too, and found this site to be full of great information to ease you into the experience.  Going with the "D" model takes a lot of the guesswork out of the equation.

Welcome to the family!
Stephen.  First time smoker owner, but now getting the hang of it.  Transplanted from the USA to Kuwait.  2d, Weber Genesis Gas Grill, enjoying learning how to make new stuff.