Author Topic: Secondary plug?  (Read 2486 times)

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Secondary plug?
« on: August 27, 2015, 02:04:12 PM »
I know that the secondary plug on the back of the Auber was meant for the Bradley smoker.  Does anyone know if it is hot all the time or needs to be programmed?  I'm trying to think how I could use it for an accessory plug, maybe a DIY jerky or cold smoke fan. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
Re: Secondary plug?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 03:23:39 PM »
I think you have to program it, but could be wrong.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 04:06:38 PM »
I am pretty sure you have to program it.

I know some have gone so far as plugging their jerky dryer into the plug and then setting the program to turn the dryer on after the smoking phase is done.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 10:17:43 PM »
Dave, the smoke generator plug is programmed under lock code 166, as "R1" and R2."  You set which program step you want it to come on at, and set the parameter to "1," or "0" for Off.

So, say you were smoking jerky, and want the fan to automatically come on during step 2.  I smoke jerky at 140 for 2 hours, with no fan, and then turn the fan on.  I could set C01 140  e01 t  t01 2.0, then C02 140  e02 t  t02  6.0.  Then, I would go into lock code 166, and set R1 to "2" with parameter "1" for On.  I would set R2 to "0" with parameter "0" for Off.  Make sense?
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

FunkedOut

• SI3 Pro Modified
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 12:14:42 AM »
Divot nailed it. 
I wish the menu had R1 through R6.
It'd be useful to turn on a fan when taking the box from smoking temp to hold warm for a faster cool down.
You can do that, but then you only have one other step to use that outlet on.
Joe, in FL
Smoking It #3, Auber PID WSD-1500GPH, 23cfm of boost