Author Topic: Q mats  (Read 3503 times)

Northener

Q mats
« on: August 22, 2015, 03:06:51 PM »
Just ordered 4' of 24" Q-mats from A-maze-n products. I have a friend who is going to Washington on their annual salmon fishing trip on the 18 sept. He claims he is sick of salmon,and told me I could have all the salmon I wanted.  I mentioned to him,I have been reading about the glowing reports on this site of smoked salmon. So I made a deal with him, I will bring my #2 smoker to his house and make a day of it.  Sit back, maybe watch a football game, throw down a few beverages and smoke some salmon.

Looking forward to it, I have not smoked fish before any tips from the crowd will be appreciated. Plan on trying different ways as I understand it, salmon does not take long to smoke. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 09:46:38 PM by Northener »
Jeff 
Mn. Land of 10,000 frozen lakes.
Smokin-it #2
Maverick 732
Weber Genesis Gas
Weber Kettle charcoal

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Q mats
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 06:28:00 PM »
I have 7' of them...good stuff!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Tyarra

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 09:43:25 PM »
I've found that it takes right about an hour.  I've been just giving it a little salt and pepper before smoking, which has been quite delicious, but I'm looking to try a few new things as well.

And those Q mats are GREAT!  Super easy to cut to size and they clean up fast!
Leah from North Texas
--
"I didn't move to Texas to become a vegetarian!"
    - tee-shirt

FunkedOut

• SI3 Pro Modified
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 05:32:40 PM »
Joe, in FL
Smoking It #3, Auber PID WSD-1500GPH, 23cfm of boost

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 07:26:30 PM »
How many times can you use the q-mats? Just wondering how many times they can be used b/4 having to replace them. 
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

Tyarra

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 05:28:42 PM »
They look pretty sturdy.  I've only used one a couple of times, but I can't tell it from the others I've got cut.  The only reason I know I used the same one, is because I used it right out of the dishwasher. :D

But, if you keep them clean, I imagine they'll last for quite awhile.  No metal to rust, and they rinse pretty clean without the dishwasher step.  I just like to run it through for the stuff I might have missed.
Leah from North Texas
--
"I didn't move to Texas to become a vegetarian!"
    - tee-shirt

es1025

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 08:27:08 AM »
I ordered a 4 foot piece. Looking forward to use them.
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 12:38:35 PM »
They look pretty sturdy.  I've only used one a couple of times, but I can't tell it from the others I've got cut.  The only reason I know I used the same one, is because I used it right out of the dishwasher. :D

But, if you keep them clean, I imagine they'll last for quite awhile.  No metal to rust, and they rinse pretty clean without the dishwasher step.  I just like to run it through for the stuff I might have missed.

Hey Leah, that works pretty well if you have a dishwasher. My kitchen is so little it is very sad.  :( But, the wood thru out the house is really something all oak stained in cherry and walnut mix. Not to mention the flooring is 1 1/2" thick. It was built around 1900, and will be here a little longer. Have a great day Lady.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri