Author Topic: "Smokinlicious.com" wood  (Read 70617 times)

drains

Re: "Smokinlicious.com" wood
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2015, 09:03:56 AM »
Ok, so I order my wood from smokinlicious last night after work and chose the big box with mixed assortment and place order then realize I didn't specify my choices si I email them at 12:10 am and then go to bed. I get up at 7:30 and check my email and there is a message from Donna confirming my choices. The message was sent at 4:03 am! Do these people sleep? She assured me that my choices had been noted and that she would see to it that my wood was shipped today and that she would foreword my tracking info as soon as it shipped. I know where I'm buying my wood from  now on. We need to support these people! I'll foreword a copy of the email to anyone who wants to see it.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2015, 10:18:29 AM »
I know Tony raved about Donna and what a great employee she is. Also that their customer service is out of this world. And you are correct in the fact that we should support them.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

drains

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2015, 11:56:04 AM »
Just got another email with tracking number so it has already shipped. I asked for a sample of ash and she said she added it in the box. Top notch service!
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2015, 07:42:28 PM »
Best I've seen, Dale, both in quality of product, and customer service!  Their primary customers are in the food service industry, so Donna has some pretty big buyers.  BUT, she treats each of us with the same respect and attention as those big buyers.  That's what really impresses me!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

drains

« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2015, 01:03:57 PM »
Got my wood from smokinlicious yesterday. The wood is very clean and no bark at all. I'll be using it this weekend on some whole chickens and hopefully some baby backs. I'll be using cherry for the birds and 1/2 maple and 1/2 hickory for the ribs. So far so good.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

AlinMA

• Al
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2015, 04:41:06 PM »
Got my wood from smokinlicious yesterday. The wood is very clean and no bark at all. I'll be using it this weekend on some whole chickens and hopefully some baby backs. I'll be using cherry for the birds and 1/2 maple and 1/2 hickory for the ribs. So far so good.
Dale, if I may ask....what was the moisture content of the woo you received?
Al from N'East MA
Smokin-It #1
Weber Spirit 310
Maverick 733, Igrill mini
Love my Rubs

drains

« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2015, 08:39:33 AM »
I'm not ignoring you I've just been busy and not to where I can get the info. Some of it was 16% but I don't remember which one. Looking forward to smoking some yard bird tomorrow.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

drains

« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2015, 04:24:31 AM »
Ok got some pics of the moisture content readings.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

AlinMA

• Al
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2015, 10:42:27 AM »
Ok got some pics of the moisture content readings.
Dale....Thank you. Your lowest moisture content was better than the lot I bought from Main Grilling Woods even after specifying that I wanted green wood. Getting ready to place an order.
Thanks again for your help!
Al from N'East MA
Smokin-It #1
Weber Spirit 310
Maverick 733, Igrill mini
Love my Rubs

drains

« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »
You are very welcome, the wood I got actually looks too nice to burn. I wont let that stop me though! Whole chickens on the menu today.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2015, 12:38:19 AM »
Hey Everyone, just order a box of wood from http://www.smokinlicious.com/ I did order the Double Fillet of red oak, hickory and maple. I look forward to getting the wood as was running low on some of my wood so this will get me thru the winter and then some. I, like you Tony never did see to add your wood choice with the phone number. Thanks for posting that for us and the great tip about the wood.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:31:18 PM by elkins20 »
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

LongBall

« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2015, 09:03:37 AM »
Anyone want to split a Double Filet hickory, sugar maple and cherry. For me this is a lot of wood but I would like the 3. Heck I think its enough for 3 people.
SI3 Auber WSD-1500 Probe installed

Bart

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2015, 05:11:02 PM »
Anyone want to split a Double Filet hickory, sugar maple and cherry. For me this is a lot of wood but I would like the 3. Heck I think its enough for 3 people.

I only smoke for 3 (mostly), and this isn't that much.  It keeps for a long time!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

smokeasaurus

« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2015, 09:25:55 AM »

I only smoke for 3 (mostly), and this isn't that much.  It keeps for a long time!

Darn-it...ordered my 3 pack of double filet (red oak-maple-cherry) the day I ordered the Smokin-It and NOW I see this  :o
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
Gabby Grills Santa Maria and Rotisserie
PK Grill
Blackstone 36 inch Flat Top

Donmac

« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2015, 12:28:03 PM »
My box of Hickory, Sugar Maple and Cherry should be here tomorrow  :D

I also asked for samples of Red Oak and White Oak.

They seem like a real good company to deal with. I received a email from Donna that my order was shipped same day and that she noted the 3 types of wood and the samples I requested.

I cant wait to give this wood a try from what I have read on these forums about the quality.
Don from New Hampshire, 3D & #1 Owner