Author Topic: Banned.......Again  (Read 23587 times)

G man

• Gordon Radford Photography
Re: Banned.......Again
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2016, 11:03:29 AM »
I know there can be a lot of snootiness in the BBQ world.

Snoots?  Now there is another idea for something to smoke!! ;)
Gordo
50 Miles West of St. Louis, Misery
#2,  and Master Forge Big Green Vertical Charcoal Smoker, (it is now for sale!)

smokeasaurus

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 12:27:01 PM »
This was one of the reasons we started lets talk bbq. A bunch of us was on the old Char-Broil forum "Sizzle on the Grill" Char-Broil stopped supporting it. We were getting blasted with spam. Towards the end there was no control over who signed up. Had trolls and posers and loose cannons. We were so constrained to only show Char Broil products in use. We had so much more to offer.......so we branched off and played in our own sand box.......where every type of outdoor cooking style (and in-door) is welcome.

I love this forum.....it has the same friendly vibe and old flannel shirt feeling as my other forum  8)
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
Gabby Grills Santa Maria and Rotisserie
PK Grill
Blackstone 36 inch Flat Top

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2016, 01:08:13 PM »
There are many equipment specific forums dedicated to a specific manufacturers product.  This forum is dedicated to Smokin-it.  Cookshack, SmokinTex, Bradley all have their own dedicated forums so it is understandable if moderators removed posts or ban those who extol the virtues of a competing forum or product. I am comfortable with that. All inclusive forums cover a wide variety of outdoor cookers:  electric, gassers, pellet poopers, charcoal, wood and the like. Let's talk BBQ, Smoking Meat Forums, the Q joint and others are among them. These I prowl looking for those trying to decide what to get.  And I have helped some with a non-SI or CS smoker when it seemed like they were being ignored. It is fair say that I am no longer posting on one of them. 

« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 03:40:37 PM by old sarge »
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

RG

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 02:50:25 PM »
Well, I have not been banned (yet) but I have checked out of a few places in my years perusing forums. The place where I am an Admin of has not gotten much of my attention lately as they tend to be dyed in the wool staunch supporters of the grill that we all have in common over there. They don't mind a post of cooks on other vessels but really they just tolerate it. There are 2 users in particular that give me a hard time about it. They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.. I love my SI and my other cookers but I just don't even bring anything else up over "there" so as to not anger the natives, lol.

I get where they are coming from as for seemingly trying to upstage their cooker but it's not the intent at all. I love my kegs as well. Same as here really, I do talk about my other cookers but I really DO try to keep it to a minimal :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 02:57:01 PM by RG »
Jason from Conyers GA

smokeasaurus

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2016, 04:06:12 PM »
I am a member of a very popular "Pellet" forum and I really have to walk on egg-shells over there. Members (not all but most) are combative and argumentative. If a "crap-storm" breaks out the moderators will actually add fuel to the flame. It has been discovered that pm's are actually viewed by admins. It is worth it for me to hang there because they do have some real good reviews and members that make the tension worth-while............pellet cooking is still in its infancy so I value the good stuff there...........
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
PK Grill

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2016, 04:34:39 PM »
I have often wondered if PMs were viewable by someone other than the intended recipient.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

smokeasaurus

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2016, 07:26:51 PM »
I have often wondered if PMs were viewable by someone other than the intended recipient.

They can be but only if warranted...........
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
PK Grill

RG

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2016, 07:32:08 PM »
On the forum that I am an administrator on, I can't view others PMs. We use the same software as this forum.
Jason from Conyers GA

bob bkk

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 12:24:51 PM »
Well, I have not been banned (yet) but I have checked out of a few places in my years perusing forums. The place where I am an Admin of has not gotten much of my attention lately as they tend to be dyed in the wool staunch supporters of the grill that we all have in common over there. They don't mind a post of cooks on other vessels but really they just tolerate it. They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers. I love my SI and my other cookers but I just don't even bring anything else up over "there" so as to not anger the natives, lol.

I get where they are coming from as for seemingly trying to upstage their cooker but it's not the intent at all. Same as here really, I do talk about my other cookers but I really DO try to keep it to a minimal :)
Sounds like a place to avoid as there are enough closed minded idiots in the world already.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 05:26:08 PM by bob bkk »

RG

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2016, 09:03:45 PM »
Well, I have not been banned (yet) but I have checked out of a few places in my years perusing forums. The place where I am an Admin of has not gotten much of my attention lately as they tend to be dyed in the wool staunch supporters of the grill that we all have in common over there. They don't mind a post of cooks on other vessels but really they just tolerate it. They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers. I love my SI and my other cookers but I just don't even bring anything else up over "there" so as to not anger the natives, lol.

I get where they are coming from as for seemingly trying to upstage their cooker but it's not the intent at all. Same as here really, I do talk about my other cookers but I really DO try to keep it to a minimal :)
Sounds like a place to avoid as there are enough closed minded idiots in the world already.

It's actually a wonderful forum and that statement made by me was a little too general. Most of the folks on there are awesome, just like on here and every other BBQ forum. It's a common interest that we sometimes get a little passionate about. That statement was really meant to describe 2 individuals, not naming names mind you. I see the beauty in all grills and cookers and I like them for different reasons. Sure, you can boast that this one does this and this one does that and yada yada, it doesn't mean that there's not something better out there or just as good. That's all I am saying. In actuality, idiot is a strong word, I should've just stuck with closed minded. I am no better than a 3rd grader calling names by saying that. Actually, I myself was at one time opposed to using an electric smoker but as I read more and more about them, it sounded like something I wanted to try and I am very glad I did. Does it do all that my other grills do? Nope. It's not meant for that, it's purpose built and it does what it was designed to do and it does it very well.

The user that is creating a massive disturbance in conjunction with another over on my forum that I moderate has stalked me here and copied the above post of mine to again create trouble as he is a very immature grown man that is mad that he has not gotten his way and he sees fit to stalk me on other forums. That is about as sad as sad can get. He has been banned by the company rep admin on that forum and I hope that he will not be back here to create drama that is not needed. On behalf of Broil King and their admin staff, I apologize to anyone that has been exposed to the rogue user's misdeeds. Tony (Divotmaker) is aware of his shenanigans is going to keep that from occurring again! Thanks Tony ;)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 12:20:21 PM by RG »
Jason from Conyers GA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2016, 09:50:00 PM »

Well-said, Bob!  I see this is your first post.  Head over to the Introductions section and tell us a little about yourself (BBQ experience, what model SI you have, etc.).  As you can also see, pretty much all of us add a first name and town/area to our signature line.  I look forward to hearing from you!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

RG

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2016, 12:27:32 PM »
Not that this is even needed to be posted here but I have resigned my position on the other forum. It's a shame that it came to that but it was for the betterment of their board. The drama needed to cease so I helped streamline that process. I am no longer affiliated with that forum in any way, shape or form. If any of you have questions about their wares, PM me and I can answer any questions. They have a wonderful product and a mostly wonderful group of guys. I will miss them but I am relieved to be done with it as it allows me to go back to being just a BBQing machine, lol. Thanks guys for humoring me :)

As a side note, I know you guys know how great Tony is, what he does is NOT easy and unsavory users can make an already thankless job even more of a task. This forum has a different vibe to it with level heads so I don't think it will ever spiral out of control. I look forward to being on here with you guys and wish each of you nothing but the best ;)
Jason from Conyers GA

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2016, 01:13:17 PM »
Bummer that that had to occur RG! This is a cooking hobby and should be fun for whomever is involved. There are too many other things that we could get animated about......smoking great meats shouldn't be one of them. Just sayin'......  ;)
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2016, 01:41:43 PM »
Bummer that that had to occur RG! This is a cooking hobby and should be fun for whomever is involved. There are too many other things that we could get animated about......smoking great meats shouldn't be one of them. Just sayin'......  ;)

+1 on this. It is a shame that they will lose your experience over there. But their loss is out gain.

Hopefully, the family vibe continues here and we make Tony's job as easy as we can. Hopefully, he doesn't have to do a bunch of behind the scenes work where he is dealing with similar situations.

Being a moderator certainly takes a lot of time and dedication, and I think I speak for everyone when I say that "Tony is a huge asset and this forum would not have experienced the rapid growth and success without him".

BBQ on people!
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

RG

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2016, 02:41:09 PM »
Thanks guys!! I appreciate y'all :)
Jason from Conyers GA