Author Topic: Rib Moral Dilemma  (Read 3022 times)

will615

Rib Moral Dilemma
« on: June 25, 2017, 10:04:31 PM »
I got a #1 for Father's day. I've wanted one for quite awhile to do Boston butts and fish. I seasoned it according to the directions. Today I did ribs to further season it. I have been doing ribs for years over charcoal. I have a reputation among my friends for the best ribs... I did 2 racks at 235 deg,  usual overnight rub, 2.25 oz of hickory, water pan. They were done at 5.25 hours. My family says that they are the best ribs I've ever made. Very moist. I was concerned about the bark and planned on finishing them on the grill. I didn't need to. My years of mastering ribs over charcoal now seem to be irrelevant! In addition, the walk away and come back in 4.5 hours vs. the check them,baste every 15 minutes is a huge difference! I could not be happier! Thanks!
Will, Nashville, TN
SI #1, Weber Smoky Mtn., Kilwell Fish Smoker, and an old New Braunfels offset smoker that makes great ribs regardless of the bad reviews!

Glock_21

Re: Rib Moral Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 01:05:11 AM »
Sounds like an awesome Father's Day gift. 
The Lazy-Q method of smoking is my favorite.  Set it and forget it.  No babysitting a fire.  No mopping or spritzing to keep things moist. 
Travis from North Central Oklahoma
SI #3 with Bella Smoke Generator, Traeger Texas Grill, Kamado Joe Classic 3 and Joe Jr, Anova WiFi 900 watt

drains

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 11:43:33 AM »
I recently gave my offset smoker to my neighbors son in law. I don't miss it. It was just collecting wasp nests anyway. Lazy Q is my friend. My #3 is some of the best money I ever invested. Happy to hear you're enjoying your #1.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 01:03:58 PM »
Welcome to Lazy Q!!!  8)
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 08:39:08 PM »
Welcome Will from SE Arizona.  A smoker from SI is a wonderful Father's Day gift; thoughtful family!
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 11:41:29 PM »
Congrats, Will and welcome to the family!
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

EFGM

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 07:12:17 AM »
Welcome and congrats from Texas!
Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"

ibbones

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 04:39:08 PM »
If you think the ribs were easy, You are gonna love the pork butt and brisket smokes.
Welcome from South Texas.
Michael "BONES" T. 
Victoria, Texas
3D

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 07:23:43 PM »
If you think the ribs were easy, You are gonna love the pork butt and brisket smokes.

No kidding... I got the butts and briskets on the very first try.  I think it took me three occasions to get the ribs the way I like them.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

JustChillin

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 07:00:44 AM »
Ribs are my favorite and I probably smoke them too often.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.