Author Topic: Saturday and Sunday dinner  (Read 2309 times)

barelfly

Saturday and Sunday dinner
« on: February 24, 2018, 10:51:27 PM »
Made ribeye on the kettle for my son and I tonight. Spoiled the last few days having ribeye a few different ways. Thursday was SV ribeye that was outstanding. The kettle ribeye was great as well!

And since I had the coals, I put on a Chuckie with a nice rub that I’m letting get some flavor. Going to pull it after three hours or so and then drop into the jacuzzi and cook at 165* for about 20 hours for pulled beef.
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Saturday and Sunday dinner
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 05:28:31 PM »
Very nice!  I'll have to try the 20 hour chuckie.  I've only done them at 130 for 72 hours (makes them into poor man's prime rib).
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

barelfly

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 09:24:25 PM »
Tony,

We just finished dinner and this 20 hour Sous Vide at 165* was outstanding! Man, I don’t know why it took so long to discover chuck roast, and the Sous Vide!

Definitely give it a try! It turned out great! I can’t wait for leftovers tomorrow night - I’m going to chop up green Chile and pan warm the beef with it for some shredded tacos!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 07:27:39 PM »
Definitely going to have to try that, Jeremy!  Thanks!  I'm thinking 3 hours in the SI @ 200°, with hickory or mesquite, before the bath.  I've smoked/SV combo'd pastrami, and it works good.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 07:29:52 PM by DivotMaker »
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!