Author Topic: NEW TO SMOKERS - ORDERED 3D  (Read 5229 times)

LarryD

• 3DW
Re: NEW TO SMOKERS - ORDERED 3D
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 09:12:56 AM »
I am now looking for a cart/stand/storage.  I like Smokin-it cabinet, but would like to have a shelve.  which of the two models are you guys using (if any)?

I got the cart for my 2D...  the extra height is nice and it's plenty sturdy.  The storage is pretty worthless on it though.  The wing shelves work, but I have small camp table that I use most of the time instead.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

rmklaw

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 03:42:41 PM »
Thanks.  I just started to season the 3D.  Also purchased the FireBoard with additional probes.  So far all temperatures match within a degree.  I also ordered the 3D enclosed cabinet.

Once I finish seasoning it, I will plan the first ever for me smoke.
Richard
Temecula, CA
Beer Brewer and Winemaker
Si 3D
Weber Genesis
Argentinian brick and mortar Asador w/adjustable racks and separate charcoal burning section

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2017, 03:40:21 AM »
Also purchased the FireBoard with additional probes.  So far all temperatures match within a degree.  I also ordered the 3D enclosed cabinet.
Good choices. Going to have a nice setup.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

rmklaw

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2017, 09:48:02 PM »
Just received the cabinet.  No mor crouching on the floor to access smoker.  It is at perfect height and stores everything.

Did my first ever smoke.  Smoked salmon, starting with cold smoke using the cold plate and then going to heat until 135 F.  Came out fantastic with wonderful texture and color.

I am now doing a brisket flat.  Left overnight with rub and started smoking at 225F seven hours ago.  Internal temp still 155F so everyone is getting impatient.
Richard
Temecula, CA
Beer Brewer and Winemaker
Si 3D
Weber Genesis
Argentinian brick and mortar Asador w/adjustable racks and separate charcoal burning section

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 12:39:12 AM »
Enjoy. Let us know how the brisket comes out.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus